Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining in less than a day

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My partner bought me a charge 2 last year for my birthday in mid november, its been amazing right up until 3 days ago. It used to last me 6ish days when I first got it and now since last saturday its been less than 24hrs. I always charge my fitbit when it says its battery is low from the notifications on the device, when I take it off I let it have a good 2-2.5 hrs on charge before putting it back on.

On saturday 10th I noticed after charging it that morning around 9-11ish, that by 7pm it was saying battery low on the fitbit, gave it another charge up and thought it musnt of been on properly first time. This was the same on sunday, not long after i woke up around 10am it was saying it was low again, so again another charge and it lasted until maybe 8pm then wanted charging again. Again it was charged and by now Im getting a bit annoyed and confused as to why its doing this. Same thing on monday and woke up today with a battery as dead as a dodo. So far its been on charge for 45 mins and when I push the side button its coming up with the battery and a slim line down the bottom so at least its still charging.

Ive cleaned the contacts on it via the help section and it doesnt seem to make any difference. The only notifications I have turned on are the moving reminders, although Im usually up and about most hours anyway making a cuppa or at work etc. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, if it helps I live in the UK so if there is a place I could take my fitbit to and have it checked out preferably that isnt the far end of the country would be fantastic or any other help in general. I havent told my other half yet, but I cant imagine he will be too happy about it being as its only 7 months old.

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Same here. Charged full in 30min, then battery drained out in <1min. Already performed all suggested instructions, but problem still persists

Best Answer

Hi MarreFitbit,

I note that you advocate turning off All Day Sync to conserve battery life…can you tell us all why FitBit have now removed the option we used to have to turn it off? - I also note that contrary to your post here, the official Fitbit line now seems to be that All Day Sync does NOT negatively impact on battery life, when literally all of us can see that it definitely does. And even you said so here 😊 

Best Answer

How is this the best answer? There’s no advice in it.

I can charge my Charge HR 5 times a day, since yesterday — and it rapidly dies. 

it’s about 18 months old, so will try going through the extended warranty offered by my credit card. 

Timex should take over this company    . They have a proven track record of making watches that just keep on ticking. 

Best Answer

Yes, My wife has the same issue and I have no issue. Both purchased Oct21, Mine is working on a 7 day charge, with the same settings my wife's was ok for 9 moths then boom, cant last 24hrs and NO settings have been changed. Fitbit are only saying a firmware update is required (software embedded in a hardware device). I must say very unimpressed with Fitbit and their communication about these issues, "please wait for a firmware update. When will it come out? Do not know! " I am now processing a second return as I just do not find it acceptable. Next step is pending.....

Best Answer

Hello @MarreFitbit ,

I am having the same issue.  My Fitbit Luxe is about a year old and the charge used to last 4-5 days.  Now it is draining in a matter of hours.   I really depend on it for sleep numbers and fitness tracking.  I tried all of your suggestions and troubleshooting.  What should I do as im sure it was meant to last longer than that?  Your help is appreciated!

Thank you,

Tammy 

Best Answer

What firmware you have on your fitbit now? My firmware is 22.58.00. This firmware I believe started all this battery drain issue. Not sure why fitbit doing this maybe just a strategy to get us to buy a new one as they want it to go EOL.

If your firmware is previous version and is still last 5-7 days I think we have a solution. Fitbit better listen here either push a new firmware to fix this issue or push a downgrade.

Best Answer

@ThulsaDoom What firmware you have on your fitbit now? My firmware is 22.58.00. This firmware I believe started all this battery drain issue. Not sure why fitbit doing this maybe just a strategy to get us to buy a new one as they want it to go EOL

If your firmware is previous version and is still last 5-7 days I think we have a solution. Fitbit better listen here either push a new firmware to fix this issue or push a downgrade.

Best Answer

Sorry, Andy, I haven't worn the Fitbit for many months now and don't want to bother charging it to see what firmware it was. I'm going to give Fitbit a rest for at least a generation and try out the competition. If it's more reliable, I won't be back. 

I know they were lower tech — but my Timex watches used to run for a few years before the battery was shot (without being charged). Replace it, and on it went. I want THAT kind of reliability in my fitness tracker.

Best Answer

I want someone to confirm to me they have a previous firmware on their working device. I can confirm that I have replaced the battery myself and still get the battery drain issue. So this proves not a hardware default but a firmware fault.

It is a shame fitbit not owning up to this and help themselve to get the customers confidence back.

Best Answer

So basically, you cannot use the watch/app with all the selling points! I have tried all these things and the battery still drains within a day. I’m not keen to buy a new watch as its not very sustainable. Is there any way to change the battery? I suspect the answer is no 😒

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! Right now is says that the Firmware version is 58.20001.171.50.
I did restart the app and the watch on the charger and it seems to be
working better now. It had one day where it went back to draining in a
day, so I hope it's not a recurring issue. I do not want to have to buy a
new one every year. Thanks for your response!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately no way to change battery.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KMBell , the latest firmware is causing the fitbit to brick itself obviously. Fitbit doesn't seem to care and don't want to listen to us. My fitbit died on me in march last year and I didn't bother with it until I found out the battery can be replaced.e but at your own risk. I did buy a new battery and  replaced it and it still getting the drain issue so anyone who wants to try it don't bother until fitbit realised this is an issue with their latest firmware. Hope fitbit is listening to this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tj142 this firmware you have is a working one and doesn't have the battery drain issue. Fitbit are reading this!!!! Under no circumstance you update it to this firmware 22.58.00. If you do, it will brick it just like everyone else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alvito you can but I wouldn't bother because it doesn't resolve the battery drain issue as it is the firmware update that is the problem. I can confirm to you now from @Tj142 post  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. It is much appreciated. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. It is much appreciated. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

A sad answer, but thank you anyway 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

No worries. Don't ever let it update to the latest firmware otherwise you will join the boat like the rest of us.

Just hope fitbit is reading this and realised the latest firmware brick the device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes