Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery won't hold charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 is approx. 6 months old.  It used to hold a charge for 4-5 days.  Now it needs charged every night.  If I forget, the thing goes dead.  Is this normal or is something wrong with my Charge 2?  If this is, in fact, a problem, where can I return it to get it repaired?  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hey @BoilerBoy, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Robot Happy Oh! Sounds bad that the battery of your Charge 2 isn't lasting as expected. As you mentioned, the battery of this tracker should last up to 5 days with normal use, so let me suggest you something, there are a few tips in this post that I'd like you to review to make the battery of your tracker lasts longer. 

If the issue persists, let me know. 😉 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I received an answer that satisfied me and learned something in the process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @BoilerBoySmiley Happy Sounds pretty cool that our Support team has helped you out with this issue. If you have further questions or comments, let me know, I'll be glad to help you out! 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been dealing with the same issue for 2 months. Called and was told to buy a new charger. Wasted investment. I have to charge it 2-3 times a day most days. It's less than 2 years old. They have no plan to fix these issues.  #disappointed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @CreolePaula, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! I appreciate the time you have taken to contact our Support team for further help. Let me ask you this, now that you bought a new charging cable, is the battery of your Charge 2 lasting as expected or still the battery draining in a matter of hours? 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for responding. No I am still having the same problems. I invested in the new charger but whether I use the old charger or the new one I get the same results. I have to charge 2 to 3 times a day in order to get results and it's still not tracking consistently or accurately. Not happy at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your response @CreolePaula! Well, in this case, I can only suggest you to get in touch again with our Support team and let them know that the issue seems to be with the Charge 2 itself and not with the charging cable. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes