Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best screen protector brand for Charge 2.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I owned a fitbit since the zip. and ived been using this brand. I ordered mine already so my Charge 2 will be protected. IMG_5891.jpg

Best Answer
91 REPLIES 91

Yup should be fine,.  Or you can slap it on without water, either way should be fine.

Microbubbles will go away over time, if you apply without water.

Best Answer

Charge2 cannot be turned off.  Is it safe to apply Ace Armor screen protector?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks BrentC24 Wish i saw this post two weeks ago. I just got my first fitbit a charge 2 in rose gold and lavender and on monday did my first workout down the beach and the screen now has a scratch in it a fairly big one from working out in the sand!! Does anyone know if you can get the screen replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nade7 I got a sizable scuff on my Charge 2 screen within the first week of having as well. Contact Fitbit support, they sent me a whole new replacement.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh thanks for this info @Jerd how did you get incontact with Fitbit support?

Best Answer

Thanks for this  info as I was concerned about applying wet protector to Charge 2 since it can't be turned off. 

Best Answer

Wish I had of known about these BEFORE I bought my Charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did the live chat on their website
Best Answer
0 Votes

I went with ScreenKnight protectors which are wet install (slightly nervous about the install method when I realised you can't turn the Charge 2 off but it all went smoothly and actually I don't think there was any need to be concerned). It's only been on a couple of weeks but its holding well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/5fn/ScreenKnight-Fitbit-Charge-Screen-Protector-Military-Shield/B01LR7N9H...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The directions on the package say to turn off your Charge 2 but a couple threads in this forum say you can't turn it off. Has anyone put the Ace Armor Shield on their Fitbit without doing this step?

Oops, edit to add that a few people up above already answered that they put it on dry instead of wet and it worked okay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There should be no ptoblems putting it on wet. If you turned it off and water got inside, you would not know it anyway. It is only a lite mist your spaying.

As for a screen protctor i personaly would obly use a tempered glass.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've bought another type, but also one which has to be put on wet. I didn't turn it off, but was careful in removing moisture before applying it. Everything went well.

Sigrid

Sendt fra min iPad
Best Answer

Thanks again @Jerd i have been in contact with them on live chat this morning and they are sending out a new replacment. Cheers, Nade7

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad they helped you too. Their service is great.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the ACE screen saver application last night and it worked great. By morning you couldn't tell it wasn't the orginal screen, though when I put it on I had my doubles that it would "heal itself" as the directions said. I did use the water but not the liquid soap in the water as directed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi efoss.

I bought the wet screen protectors too (Rino Skin off of Amazon) and the instructions tell me the same thing!!! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?! I cannot take out the battery, let alone power down the fitbit. I'm nervous to apply the protectors now. Have you figured out a method, or do these protectors belong in the trash?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry it took so long to answer, I do not pay attention to my emails. I bought the it sheilds. I wiped the shield with a damp cloth and applied it. It has stayed on without any issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Ace armor shield protek is no longer available it would appear . Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any tempered glass protector is what you want. It will keep the trackers screen from scratching. If it is hit against something this shield will shatter and disapate the force protecting the trackers screen.

Those rubbery plastic protectors will stop scratches,  but only spread tye force if tye imoact a small amount. Many hove found they are yseless on cell phones, they however might be ok on the Charge2 small screen. Tge drawback is tgat they are thicker and ultra iolet will eventually turn them yellow, temoered glass won't. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No tempered glass protector is available for the charge2 and they Alta.

Best Answer
0 Votes