Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to track HIIT?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Fitbit a couple days ago. I do HIIT workouts 4 days a week that consist of a 15-20 minute stretching warm-up, a 25-30 minute HIIT circuit, and a 3-5 minute finisher. Total of an hour each time. I know my Fitbit won't automatically track this (UGH) but I can just start a workout each day I'm at the gym. What's the best way to track? Set it up as an interval workout? Circuit training? Boot camp? 

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @HNordtvedt Id suggest you use the 'workout' exercise shortcut and then change the name in the app after it has synced to HIIT. But I would only track the time you are actually doing HIIT, not the stretches beforehand, as the calorie count woukd be very different for stretching than the actual HIIT session.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Did that tonight and it worked just fine. Does it matter if I log it as a general workout as opposed to the Circuit Training or Interval Training options? Each interval is totally different. Cardio at one station, weights the next, etc .

Best Answer

sorry late to this! where is the 'workout' section on the app?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This two hundred dollar face less vibrating watch can’t do what the $20 Durr used to do And vibrate every 20 minutes. 

Such is life. 

Best Answer

On your Watch Under Exercise option

Best Answer
0 Votes

I set mine to do that. Can set it to track Laps by time, distance, calories, etc. 

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t have the “workout” option on my watch under exercise? I only have run, swim, bike treadmill weights and interval so which would I pick when doing HITT training?  

Best Answer

This is all I have as well....what do you log yours as?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Under account, go to exercise shortcuts, then you can only have 5 exercise shortcuts - delete one (or more) and it will allow you to add different exercises. No HIIT specifically, but circuit training, workout, or bootcamp may be more relevant. 

Best Answer

Not OP, but thank you very much for sharing this! I had no idea there were other exercises one could enable. That helps a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

open your fitbit app in your phone and under account open charge 4 then open exercise shortcut there you can remove and add interval workout or circuit workout which are similar to HIIT.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had NO idea I could do this! Thank you!

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, i am able to select the HIIT option, but every hiit training I do has different intervalls. Setting up the intervalls and keeping correct track of them would require a lot of configuration. Is there a way to just select hiit, without it keeping track of intervals, only time and my heartbeat? Or should i choose circuittraining then?

Best Answer
0 Votes