Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen after smiley face on Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello and thank you for your support,

I have a fitbit 4 and suddently the screen is black. I left it to charge for a lot of hours but nothing happened. I press the side button for 15 seconds while in charge, a smile appears but then nothing. It vibrates a lot but nothing in the screen, I have tried multiple times with or without the battery. The band vibrates but nothing in the screen. When is connected to charge the smile appears but then nothing. I have tried multiple tricks i found online but nothing. 

Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Suburian. It's great to have you here.

Thanks for the details about the screen and for the troubleshooting performed. Based on the information, it seems that this could be a glitch with the display since it's still vibrating and showing the smiley face. If your Charge 4 is still syncing with your phone, please try changing the clock face from the Fitbit app by tapping on your profile's picture > Charge 4 > Clock Faces. 

Hope this helps!

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer

Mine is doing the exact same thing. None of the online info works. 

Best Answer

Likewise. Very sad tonight. 😞

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. But after a couple days of this my Fitbit won’t charge at all now. Kinda disappointed because it is only 8 months old won’t turn on, no buzz, no charge 

Best Answer

Good morning,
since yesterday have the same problem.
First my Charge4 doesn't work.
I disconnectet my charge from the app and started Bluethooth again.
I did 3-5 times but it doesn't work. 

Best Answer

Hello,

same problem here, just bought yesterday. After smile screen doing nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem as above. Black screen and vibrates continuously for maybe 8 seconds or so when button is pressed. Then shows smiley face and black screen after that. Performs the same way with or without charging cable connected.

Phone won't sync to device anymore so cannot change clock face too.

Contacted support but all they could say was device is faulty without providing any form of advice or technical support except to check warranty status and throwing a 35% discount to purchase another fitbit device. Super disappointed with the fitbit customer support! 

Best Answer

I experienced the same black screen and the 35% off to purchase another one.  This is the second one I have had that only lasted about 6 1/2 months because Fitbit had to replace my original one because of a faulty band.

I agree, I am very disappointed with Fitbit customer support.

Best Answer

02-23-2022

i have the same issue as above, but it won’t let me sync the device to be able to change the clock face. 

Best Answer
Hello,

I have connected the Fitbit to my sons Iphone which has the correct IOS, my
Iphone is to old.

My son was able to activate the Fitbit. The view the data I need to connect
the Fitbit to my computer. It is not working on my phone.

Benny Janssens
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my 4th Fitbit now and this same issue just started for me. I love the Fitbit app and am super sad to lose all my achievements since 2016 but I'm done.  I haven't had a single Fitbit make it to the two year mark without dying and all of them lost significant battery performance (needing to be charged daily) by the one year mark.  Tomorrow, I'm going out and buying a Garmin.

Best Answer

Same issue. Like every Google product it dies with the warranty and no support is available.

Best Answer

This just happened to mine.

Purchased in 6/2021. I'm done with fitbit as well. This was my 5th. I think they do this on purpose so you keep buying. 

Best Answer

Also purchased in June 2021 and just experienced this issue yesterday. I have swam with my Fitbit before but not regularly. After a long day of yard work, I was covered in dirt and grime so wore it in the shower for about 30 seconds then set it on the ledge. Came out to the black screen. So disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same happened with mine..very disappointed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  My fitbit is less than 2 years old.  First the band broke just after the warranty expired, so I gorilla glued the band onto the device.   Now it won't hold a charge?  This is ridiculous that the life span of this device is less than 2 years old. and it was not cheap!

I'm not sure I will be buying another fitbit device.  My charge 2 lasted longer than this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went through the customer support chat and was offered the 35% discount (Pixel watch excluded). It doesn't look like you can pair it with other discounts though so the holiday sales may actually be about the same discount or in some cases a better deal.

I'm frustrated with Fitbit that this appears to be such a widespread issue and they simply don't care. IF I do decide to repurchase, I am definitely buying the 2-year replacement plan, but I don't know if I want to continue supporting the Fitbit brand

Signed,

(loyal customer for the last 10 years)

Best Answer
0 Votes

my Fitbit 4 relaxed in the hot tub with me  for about 5 minutes. When I plugged in the charger a happy face appeared. Help! Marcy

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After posting in another web forum, people suggested that I check with my credit card, as many cards have a benefit to extend a manufacturer's warranty by 1-year. The catch is that you need to have your device serial number, which is only on the box. The moral is: SAVE YOUR BOX! 

P.S. I called Fitbit to see if they have record of my serial number and they do, but they REFUSE to give it to the consumer per "company policy". 100% Fitbit has lost me as a customer, and I will encourage everyone that I know and even people that I don't to NEVER BUY FROM FITBIT AGAIN.

Best Answer