Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black lines across Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 recently, after being recharged, restarted with many horizontal black lines across the display as if there is a pixel issue. I have tried restarting it and changing the clock face with no success. I never damaged it--it has never been in the water or hit against anything. Has anyone else been able to fix the issue after experiencing this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I have the same problem. It started just after it was a year old but wasn’t that bad. It’s all down the screen now and I can’t even read it. My screen is also impossible to read outside, but it started with the black lines across. Is there a solution or do these only last 2 years then garbage? And yes, I did the reset several times as well as changing the clock face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's how mine started, did all the same tricks. Eventually could've read it outside, and just this weekend the screen went out. I can occasionally see a few spots and partial lines. So I know it's not a black screen. I don't know how old it is, I got it from a friend.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @marfitz@Lotibobody@Carson82. Thank you for mentioning the steps you have followed in order to remove the lines across your Charge 3.

Could you please confirm that you have tried the long restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again. 

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with lines on my device, also it doesn't turn on when I turn my wrist, I have tried the above and other suggestions nothing changing the problem, please advise

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Katells71. I'm sorry to hear about your Charge  3 and thank you for letting us know that you have tried the suggestions.

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you still need help or have any questions/concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't get the 7 short vibrations and the screen didn't clear up

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @100miler. I´m sorry to hear that your Charge 3 screen didn´t clear up after the 7 short vibrations.

Could you please confirm that you have tried the restart, long restart and changing clock face on your Charge 3 to remove the lines on it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have, clock face an hour wrong, now device won't sync and no data on
device or phone for sleep and exercise

Kate
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know that your Charge 3 is no longer syncing @Katells71.

Please keep in touch with our team in order to receive assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes