Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black lines on Charge 3 screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I’ve currently got black lines through my screen of my charge 3, this is the second one that it has happened too. I have tried changing the clock face and turning it off whilst on charge and nothing has changed.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Matthew_G93.

Thanks for trying to resolve the issue with your device's screen. Since you've tried to restart the tracker and change a clock face, I would like to confirm if you've tried doing a long restart:

• Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Yeah i have tried the long restart and nothing changes, I have still got the lines on my screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue this morning, I had charged my Fitbit Charge 3 overnight. When I took it off the charger, there were gray lines running the length of the display. I did a normal reset, nothing changed. I found this thread, tried the procedure and actually held on to the button for a few extra seconds and the lines went away. Face and clock display is back to normal.

Thank you. I thought I was going to have to replace a Fitbit.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @flattop59. Thank you for your reply, @Matthew_G93.

@Matthew_G93 I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon.  

@flattop59 I am glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue with your device by doing a long restart. Thank you for time and feedback! I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience without any issues.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I also have this issue. I have done a short restart 3 times, changed clock faces and completed a long restart 3 times but no change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @BzMum.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I went ahead and created a case for you, someone from our Support team will reach out soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes