Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

My battery ran out and I charged my Fitbit but the screen is black now. I’ve checked in the app and the battery is at 100% and it’s clocking up steps but there is just nothing showing on the face of the device. I’ve looked at threads on here and it says to try changing the clock face in the app. Done that - doesn’t work. It also says to put the device on charge then hold in the button to restart it. I’ve done that and that doesn’t work either. Any other ideas or will I have to buy a new one? My device is 2 years old but I thought it would last longer than 2 years. Thanks 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46
They are sending a replacement

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all

I have exactly the same problem,

My Fitbit stopped and the screen went blank, charging it the stays blank but the verson comes up 22.58.00.

I have noticed this is common problem, has an update coursed this?

Removing it from charge the screen stay unresponsive, my fitbit is also 2 years old. Any ideas on to get this resolved?

thanks

Saab b

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Sounds like a common problem  maybe time to change brands

Best Answer

This is the exact same thing happening to me too. I called customer support and he walked me through all the troubleshooting options to no avail. He is now checking on warranty options, which likely are expired... 😒 Looks like it might be dead. Disappointed, because I too thought these expensive things should last a lot longer!

Best Answer

It happened to me twice, the strange thing was, it happened right after the warranty expired, on both fitbits!

I'm really disappointed fitbit don't seem to design Longevity into thier products 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

i did. i went to Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine went as well, black screen not even 2 years old. Like you said paying that much money should not have to invest in a new one, which I didn’t, I will not be buying another Fitbit of heard too many complaints.

Sent from Vicki's iPad.
Best Answer
0 Votes