Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Charge 4 clip- won't attach to the band anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The clip broke so the band can not stay on the device.  While i can  keep the Fitbit in my pocket I’m no longer able to wear it on my wrist, I have had it for 2 years. It still works but didn’t use it as intended, how can I get this repaired. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Arlenemom  there is no repair for this, but there is a workaround. A few who have had this problem and are out of warranty have purchased at Amazon a protective cover band. The band encompasses the pebble portion completely, so you don't need to attach the band as you would have with the original band. A broken clip won't matter with the protective cover band. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Hi @Arlenemom  there is no repair for this, but there is a workaround. A few who have had this problem and are out of warranty have purchased at Amazon a protective cover band. The band encompasses the pebble portion completely, so you don't need to attach the band as you would have with the original band. A broken clip won't matter with the protective cover band. 

Best Answer

Hi,

I had the same problem where the device broke from the band. This has happened to me with every purchase since  "Charge 1,2,3,4" and just outside of warranty. So I purchased the next upgrade but I will not be doing this again. This seems to be a manufacturing issue and I have told them that but they told me these trackers go through many tests. Well, apparently not enough tests. The quality is terrible. I don't change bands very often and last week it broke again. Company sent an email with a discount code but it doesn't work because the trackers are already on sale. I'm not spending another 100. on a watch that still works. I'm not really happy with the company not taking care of the customers. I've been a loyal user for over 6 years.  I'm really disappointed with fitbit. I think the answer is below about purchasing from Amazon a cover for it. Thanks.

Best Answer

Hello @Arlenemom , My Charge 4 broke today and I went across many discussion boards. I have come to the conclusion this is a known defect and fitbit is unwilling to admit this and/or admit it. What @Odyssey13 said is the best answer I have seen. I ordered one today. But when it comes time to replace the Charge 4, it will NOT be another fitbit after the other threads I came across. I see a company unwilling to make necessary changes to a pretty big design flaw that's been known since the Charge 4 came out. I've been a loyal customer since the original fitbit tracker in 2009 that had just the dots. It appears fitbit does not feel they need to reciprocate that loyalty. I ordered the "Goseth Compatible with Fitbit Charge 4/ Fitbit Charge 3 Bands with Case, Silicone Strap with Shatter Resistant Protective Frame on Amazone It's a bit bulky but it serves the purpose of putting the pebble only in a protective case. Feel free to see a discussion board from one year ago discussing this issue from @g3rson tagged here. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/Broken-Wristband-Connector-detached-from-Frame-Charge-4/td-... The picture he has is exactly how mine looks after breaking and I wish i had known about this design flaw before purchasing this. 

Best Answer

I have a same issue,im from india.

band clip is broken unable to attach band to tracker so cannot wear it.

please help

Best Answer

Hi @Dan3474 there is no repair for this, but there is a workaround. A few who have had this problem and are out of warranty have purchased at Amazon a protective cover band. The band encompasses the pebble portion completely, so you don't need to attach the band as you would have with the original band. A broken clip won't matter with the protective cover band. 

Best Answer

Just had the same thing happen to me. It just fell apart, I wasn’t even touching it and the connection point on the device just disintegrated and fell off my wrist.

I picked up the parts thinking I could super glue it back on but then it fell apart more and the tiny spring fell out. Disappointing finding out this is a known and ongoing issue. My charge 2 only broke because of user error and lasted longer. I’ve never had a device fall apart the way the charge 4 did. I’m done with Fitbit, hundreds of dollars for a device that will disintegrate in a couple years is terrible. 

I’m going to check out the hack mentioned but I liked the charge because it’s so streamline looking. I don’t like the idea of extra bulk. 

Best Answer

Same problem here: one of the cheap and cheesy plastic clips that attach watch body to wrist bands has broken about 3 months after warranty expired. This is so annoying. Similar problem with my preceding Fitbit, and it was fully replaced despite failing just after warranty expired. This time I was offered a 35% discount.

PAY ATTENTION, FITBIT: this conversation thread shows a clear flaw in your product.

I'm switching to another maker, just like others below. Saddens me because I like the slim compactness of the Charge 4, and its data features.

See the cautionary verse, "For want of a nail ... the kingdom was lost."

Best Answer

Same problem. Just happened this morning. Have had this Charge 4 for maybe 18 months. 

Best Answer

SAME EXACT ISSUE. FITBIT says its not a warranty issue and will not help, no time frame just not covered by their warranty.

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me, after only 7 months of usage 😔

Best Answer

Me too. The clip just completely came off. I am done with FitBit. They know these clips are rubbish yet they refuse to either make them better or replace them. Product quality is awful. I am not going to take a 35% discount (all they would offer) on a new product that no doubt has the same issues. I am out of here

Best Answer

Found this replacement strap on Amazon, which looks pretty good. It’s not as bulky as some of the other straps out there - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L8GPXT6?psc=1&smid=A3MU64NTGPWNY1&ref_=chk_typ_quicklook_titleToDp#imme... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not issue with band,it has already broken within 3month nly,band attachment clip is broken

Dan's iphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly. That’s why I posted a link to a band that works even if the attachment clip is broken. It completely covers the entire pebble and does not rely on the attachment clips. 

B2A54AFF-4C1A-4327-B71F-F1CD1E55346A.jpeg

Best Answer

Thanks for the recommendation! I bought one of the bulkier straps but going to try your find. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not available in india😞

Dan's iphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am with you! I had a Garmin for over 5 years never had a problem and replaced bans a # of times.... had this one for under 2 years and clip broke off getting out of bed....I think I am going back to Garmin ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you. In my family, we have gone through 7 Fitbits in the last 3 years - all have a plastic piece that breaks off, rendering the whole watch useless. I had my Charge 4 break after 5 months and they sent me a replacement, which broke yesterday at exactly one year and 10 days, so it is out of warranty. My two adult daughters switched to the Apple Watch three years ago and have been so happy. A little more up front investment, but it lasts. So frustrating to keep buying Fitbits only for them to break. I prefer the simpleness of the Fitbit but am seriously considering upgrading to the Apple Watch after this last break without any support from the company. 

Best Answer

I just tried to view that story but it says I don't have permission. Frustrating that this is a design flaw and they are not willing to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes