Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken connector band - Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

SOOO Disappointed my Fitbit band connector piece snapped this morning getting ready for work.  Not fixable.  really disappointed in this quality.  This is our 3rd Charge 4 connector to snap.  My sons snapped with in 1 year and was replaced by warranty however it snapped again and then he had to buy the rubber wrist bands you put the fitbit face piece in.  He doesnt like it - feels clunky.  My fit bit charge is 22 months so Im past warranty.  Its terrible that its so poorly made they snap like this after such a short time!  I Dont want a clunky rubber band like my sons.  any other options?

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

Was changing my strap and side part holding strap has come apart, a tiny spring fell out, can this be fixed? 

Best Answer

The connection piece where the wristband connects is coming away from the Fitbit tracker. 
it appears that this is a common problem that there is no fix for.

Very frustrating as the tracker is only 16 months old!!!

Best Answer

@JOANNH75 @Car55 @Carolina2022 , Nice to see you here. Than you for your reports and information. I merged your posts together as it seems to be a very similar situation that you are having. 

I recommend you to give our team a call or acht with them. Even if your warranty should be over. 

Our team will be glad to have a closer look at your cases. 

Here are our contact info

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Your joking, exact same thing with mine!

Best Answer

I did contact the fitbit team and was offered a whopping 35% off something form the website.  Its crazy all 3 of the fitbit charge4 watches we have broke in the exact same place all of them ln less than 2 years! Why would I but another one? Its a known issue!

Best Answer
Hi
I've been offered a new Fitbit 4 which has been sent out today.

Caroline

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

I purchased my Fitbit charge 4 in 2021 in India. Almost after an year of using it,  the connector of the wrist band to the main dial is broken. I am not able to use it. What can I do now?

Best Answer

This just happened to me as well. So frustrating! Now I need to figure out a replacement. 

Best Answer

I have only had my Fitbit Charge 4 for 16 months and the connector for the wristband broken. I see from comments that it is a common problem. I have a Fitbit Alta that never had a problem. It has a metal connection on the unit and the wristband.  Why did Fitbit use inferior parts for a more expensive item. Since it’s not in warranty they offered me a 35% discount which is ridiculous.  This Fitbit should last longer than a year.  They can fix this issue by simply using better quality parts! Very unhappy

with this company and their

products. 

Best Answer

@Carolina2022 @JOANNH75 , Nice to see you back. Thank you for sharing your experiences with Support. 

@Car55 , Thank you fo taking the time to contact Support and your feedback

@rfowlie , Nice to see you around. Thank you for your message.. Have you contacted our Support team?

Here you'll get connected. 

@Akanksha92 , A warm welcome to the Community! Here you'll find our info for our team in India.

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a broken band and can't even navigate my way through the web page to find an address to mail it back or a phone number to call.  Any helpfull hints?

Best Answer
Hi
I went onto Fitbits live online chat, was asked a few questions and then had to provide pics, it's taking up to 5 days to receive, so I'm still waiting, I thought I had no chance of getting a replacement.

Good luck

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

My connector broke as well. Contacted support and they offered me 35% discount on a new product. Not adequate compensation.  I have had Fitbits for as long as they have been producing them and each one has some glitch within 1 to 1 1/2 years. After warranty of course. The Fitbit program is wonderful but the physical tracker is so poorly made that breakage is inevitable. 
I have glued the wristband to the tracker and wrapped it with medical tape. I don’t know how long this will last but I hope that Fitbit will understand the frustration that all the owners have with such a fragile product. Replacements need to be offered without charge. 

Best Answer

Exactly what happened to mine tonight. Were you able to get yours resolved?

Best Answer

All they offered was the 35% discount on buying a new one.  Feels like they don't really care about it, but seeing how many people have had the EXACT SAME THING happen, I'm tempted to report it as a lemon law issue. If a product has the same flaw happening this often, and all within the same time span, something is seriously wrong with the product.

Best Answer

I can't even try to glue mine back together since the clip/spring piece vanished when it fell apart.

That's why I posted the picture of mine on here, I was told in their chat that all they'd do since I was "out of warranty" that I'd get the 35% discount code...not even an offer to replace it. Hell, I was still on the first watch band...and they replace those because they know they'll break.

Best Answer
I agree! Thank you for your response. I will continue to follow this thread and let you know if I have any luck. I’ll be calling them tomorrow.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

IMG_20220524_123908.jpg

 Received my replacement free of charge today. ☺️

Best Answer