Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken strap loop/keeper - over a year old - no love from fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

OK, so I really like my fitbit charge HR, and have had it for about a year and a half.  Recently the little loop that secures the strap (I think it is called a "keeper") broke, and while I can wear my fitbit, it comes loose sometimes, and has fallen off a few times.  I contacted fitbit, and the response was 25% off my next purchase.  I don't consider a $150 product to be a disposable item, especially when it seems like providing a 25¢ part is the solution - I mean, I would gladly pay for the part, but it isn't even available and the real issue is a design flaw that prevents having a replacement part as an answer to this problem.  I don't necessarily expect a replacement of my entire fitbit, but I do expect fitbit to have a better solution for what one would expect to be a fairly common problem.  So now, I am just frustrated - not going to give fitbit any more of my money on another product that may or may not have similar problems in the future.  Anyone else encounter this?  It seems like the only recourse I have left is to use social media to publicly shame fitbit into coming up with something better...

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

I see youve written this just minutes ago. I have the same exact issue with fitbit and was thinking about getting charge 2 but it just feels like the band will break again and just waste money. 😞 I loved my charge hr 1 though 😕 I thought the bands were replaceable.

Best Answer

@ehenly @rain87 A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Charge HR wristbands have broken. The piece that secure the bands or wristbands are not replaceable.

I really appreciate your feedback and it will be forwarded since it helps us to keep improving our products and services. Please check out our Warranty Policies page which explains what it covers.

Let me know if more questions arise my friends and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can get them on Amazon.  Search on "fitbit charge hr band loop".  (That piece is called a "free loop" or "free ring".)  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I1J8UIA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Best Answer

@JosephDress It's great to have you aboard in the Community! Thanks for sharing that information. If those bands work for you, you can go ahead and keep using them. The only inconvenience is that since they're not manufactured by Fitbit, our warranty doesn't cover those bands.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in the Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and just got off the phone with them, unfortunately mine happened only shortly after the warranty ran out but I never got the chance to call them earlier.

They also gave me the promo code of 25% off next purchase, which expires in 30 days so I told them what am I going to do with the $180 that I had originally spent on it back in 2015??? They don't have the loop on its own to ship it to me!

So the link on Amazon that was shared by JosephDress, how would that pass over the aluminum buckle? Wouldn't it be too small to pass over it? Someone mentioned they had to use a lot of soap. Have  you used those personally?

Best Answer

I was able to stretch it over the buckle.  It took a little effort.

Best Answer

Who cares if your warranty covers it?  Your warranty doesn't fix or replace the part in the first place!

Best Answer

@ItsAngie Thank you for joining us in this thread! I really appreciate your feedback and comments about the warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

me, shame on Fitbit for not providing this inexpensive part. 

Best Answer

@friggy Welcome to the forums! I totally understand your frustration and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

I had my surge for five years and the keeper broke . My watch is working great and you are right they don’t have a solution. So I used crazy glue it seems to be holding 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found a packet of replacement loops on amazon!!
Best Answer
Then post a link please 🙂

Angie Shea
Best Answer
I don’t know how to do that.
But it is 6.98.
ECSEM

4.1 out of 5 stars 58Reviews

E ECSEM Replacement Black for Fitbit Charge HR Silicon Fastener Ring
Connect Security Loop(10PCS+1Free) / No Tracker No Bands

-
Best Answer
0 Votes

@friggy Thanks for your reply and for sharing your experience on this thread. I'm glad you were able to find something useful, thanks for sharing those details about it. I'm sure it will be useful for other users too. @ItsAngie

@SK-P Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad you found a way to get back on track with it. Thanks for sharing!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.  No way to replace and it falls off. Disappointed. 

Best Answer

I bought something similar off of eBay. Both options are closely priced. Another option to consider is that both places are an amazing trove for replacement bands in case you wanted an updated look for your Fitbit. If fitbit’s response wasn’t “F-you,” chances are that they would charge 10 dollars for the stupid little loop. For that price you can buy 20 of them. Take that, Fitbit!

Best Answer
Thank you. Glad the review was possibly helpful. After using it for a bit
the fitbit itself fell apart. I have given up and purchased a used Apple
watch; love that I can take phone calls on it, etc.
Best Answer

I also had the keeper on my FitBit Charge break so I'm at risk of my FitBit falling off.  Does anyone know if elastic bands are available for a FitBit?  It would be nice not to have to deal with the orginal strap that is very difficult to fasten and instead just slip my hand through an elastic/stretchable band.

Best Answer