Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken strap loop/keeper - over a year old - no love from fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

OK, so I really like my fitbit charge HR, and have had it for about a year and a half.  Recently the little loop that secures the strap (I think it is called a "keeper") broke, and while I can wear my fitbit, it comes loose sometimes, and has fallen off a few times.  I contacted fitbit, and the response was 25% off my next purchase.  I don't consider a $150 product to be a disposable item, especially when it seems like providing a 25¢ part is the solution - I mean, I would gladly pay for the part, but it isn't even available and the real issue is a design flaw that prevents having a replacement part as an answer to this problem.  I don't necessarily expect a replacement of my entire fitbit, but I do expect fitbit to have a better solution for what one would expect to be a fairly common problem.  So now, I am just frustrated - not going to give fitbit any more of my money on another product that may or may not have similar problems in the future.  Anyone else encounter this?  It seems like the only recourse I have left is to use social media to publicly shame fitbit into coming up with something better...

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43
There are so many straps on Amazon that are cheep and cute, I just bought several from them.

Angie
Best Answer
Thanks. Have you seen any that are just stretch instead of having a buckle?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JaunJoFitbit, your message says that your warranty doesn't cover the Amazon replacement band, but when the Fitbit band breaks you don't cover it anyway, so what is the downside? Why is your response valid? 

Best Answer

My sons keeper on his Fitbit inspire her broke too. How hard would it be for Fitbit to make this tiny part available to replace?

Best Answer
I got the 3 pack for $20 after market and it worked fine.

Jeff Sharpe

Associé et co-fondateur/Partner

Partenariats stratégique SAP/Strategic SAP Alliances

M : 416-272-1979

Fokis Services Inc.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My band is breaking too, and I am looking for a replacement one as well. It is maddening to think Fitbit does not offer replacement bands. I found some on Amazon but they’re black, and my Fitbit is pink. Maybe they would work for you, I am going to begrudgingly, purchase a new band from Fitbit.

Best Answer
Yep, I only saw Black, sorry. Maybe contact that supplier and see if they can offer pink? You are right, they shouldn't break.

I am also thinking of a new one. It is so hard to get my HR to Sync. Mine has our company logo laser engraved, so hard to give that up, but the Sync issue is another real pain.

Jeff Sharpe

Associé et co-fondateur/Partner

Partenariats stratégique SAP/Strategic SAP Alliances

M : 416-272-1979

Fokis Services Inc.
Best Answer

To answer your question, following my loop breaking recently, I’m using a small narrow elastic band, doubled to hold my strap in place, otherwise the watch strap simply undoes when the strap end is pulled back & tucking it into the buckle makes it project too much for me.   Of course the rubber band will break eventually & I think it’s poor quality for a Fitbit watch product to snap but the strap itself shows signs of wear & cracking! I’m retired, living in southern UK so can’t blame excessive sun, sweat, daily clothes change (for work or active sports).  I won’t be buying Fitbit again.

My loop broke recently - just posted a reply to someone else about this - I’m very disappointed with Fitbit & since their product isn’t lasting the length of time of the watch itself then, at the prices they charge, they should offer a replacement service.  My strap was even showing a small crack & wear within 3 years.  In my lifetime I’ve worn leather strap watches for 5-10 years, before the strap wore out! Won’t buy Fitbit again! 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

FITBIT WRITBANDS!  

If Fitbit feel it necessary to add a post under "Administration" then i guess they are aware that they DO have a problem with the wristbands.

Quote Out-of-warranty customers:
We aren't able to provide replacements for out-of-warranty products. View our Return Policy and Warranty for more information or the Fitbit Store for replacement wristbands where applicable.  Unquote

I have a Charge 2 device and within warranty, I had a band that fell apart and Fitbit grudgingly replaced it. Now about another 18 months later (from memory) the band has again fallen apart - ie the attachment to the devices has disintegrated and the device falls off my wrist.

I spoke to a CHAT representative yesterday who was polite but positive that Fitbit do not replace the bands out of warranty. So there!  I was (as shown above}, referred to the Fitbit store.  in my opinion wf the straps are only going to last 18 months or so, then they are not fit for purpose and Fitbit should consider some research to improve the product.  Am I going to get a new strap from their store? NO. The device has been put back in its box and I will now research another product that is made to last.  After all, I have watches both cheap and expensive all with their original straps and Ive not had to replace any. "Disenchanted with Fitbit".    PS My daughter too had a Fitbit; the strap fell off in warranty and had to be replaced. I just wonder how many unreported FitBit straps survive daily use?

Yes, they are replaceable within warranty but not outside..

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

How does this help us? We just want a solution to the problem.

Best Answer

In what color ,all I found was black,my fitbit is pink ,the one before powder blue and before that burgundy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They do not offer replacement pieces, like everyone else. We would like this offer,doesn't matter about the warrant.That is besides the point.If I bought a car and need new tires ,but there are no replacement tires .Then am I to drive without?

Best Answer
0 Votes

They only offer that ,I have been able to find ,are all in the color black.Thats like ,looking for a white or pink shirt ,but they only come in one color!

Best Answer
0 Votes

We don't want cheap ,we want reliable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too had this same problem with not being able to find a replacement band that wasn’t black.I ended up finding small pink, thicker type, rubber bands. They works well, and I’m still on the first rubber band, which has outlasted the factory made one! Give it a try, they match better than black! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry. I only found black. Paint with Nail polish?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Coconut oil? One could remove the band from the watch, however, I've heard complaints about the bands not going back on, pins breaking, and bands coming off over and over, so I think I'll leave that connection alone and go with your stretching idea. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to buy those keepers on Amazon and glue them on with E3000, which Fitbits' warrantee also does not cover!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The amazon ones aren't covered under warranty.... Fitbit doesn't even cover their own ones under warranty!

My partner just had same issue 4 years on on her versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @JamieStella Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you very much for the detailed information and for providing your feedback. I'd like to let you know that replacement devices and accessories are provided for products within the warranty period. If your Fitbit device or your partner's Fitbit device is no longer a warranty, a discount could be an available option, nevertheless, discounts aren't applicable towards a purchase of a new accessory. 

For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty. In addition, if you need further assistance and if you haven't contacted our Support Team, please click here to get connected and they will be glad to review your options. 

On a side note, if you have additional questions related to the Versa 2, you can post them in the Other Versa Smartwatches board. This way we can keep our forums organized. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes