Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken strap loop/keeper - over a year old - no love from fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

OK, so I really like my fitbit charge HR, and have had it for about a year and a half.  Recently the little loop that secures the strap (I think it is called a "keeper") broke, and while I can wear my fitbit, it comes loose sometimes, and has fallen off a few times.  I contacted fitbit, and the response was 25% off my next purchase.  I don't consider a $150 product to be a disposable item, especially when it seems like providing a 25¢ part is the solution - I mean, I would gladly pay for the part, but it isn't even available and the real issue is a design flaw that prevents having a replacement part as an answer to this problem.  I don't necessarily expect a replacement of my entire fitbit, but I do expect fitbit to have a better solution for what one would expect to be a fairly common problem.  So now, I am just frustrated - not going to give fitbit any more of my money on another product that may or may not have similar problems in the future.  Anyone else encounter this?  It seems like the only recourse I have left is to use social media to publicly shame fitbit into coming up with something better...

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Hi JuanJoFitbit,

I really would like to know why the little band that secures my wristband is not replaceable. I don’t want to lose my Fitbit Versa 2, but, especially in this day and age, don’t want to be wasteful and replace a perfectly good strap without reason. It is obviously a flaw in the design and it would be easy for Fitbit to make these available for purchase, even if just in limited colours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually contacted customer service and they told me that they were available at retail outlets, which they weren’t when I tried to find them.

I found some on Amazon. Still think it would be best if Fitbit provided them. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B08Y8Q2PJV?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image 

Moderator edit:  updated post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I so agree. I use Alta Hr and am facing similar problem. Not only is the product unavailable, they also do not have solutions to recurring problems. 

Thanks for raising the issue

Best Answer

I have had the same issue with 2 different Fitbits now.  First was the inspireHR and now it's a Versa 2. (Less than a year old too). Not covered under warranty which puzzles me a little.  Seems to be a design fault if continually happening to people. 

Best Answer
0 Votes