Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned walking too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Suprise suprise thread from 2016, you report you've had problems since 2014 and now 2022 and fitbit done sweet FA about this. Ridiculous. I'm astonished that this is not more widely known/reported. Hopefully Google will sort them out.

I came here because approx 30mins walk fitbit sense 250ish calories. G fit and Sam health on phone report about 150 ish calories. So yes as you say roughly about half. No wonder I've put on 8kg weight since getting fitbit and wondering why! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hey @Qlqlp

Thanks for posting your inquiry here.

At times, you might notice variations between the calories on your Fitbit device versus on another device due to the differences in technologies.

Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR)—the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat)—and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. Your device tracks heart rate, your heart-rate data is also included, especially to estimate calories burned during exercise. 

To have more details you can check this help article: How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

Hope that helps !

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer