Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I adjust the brightness on the Charge 3 through the Fitbit App?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried to reset the brightness on my Charge 3 and now it is so dark I can't see the screen to be able to adjust brightness. Can I do so via the app? If so, how? Thanks

Moderator edit: subject for clarity/label 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @MarilynFri. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting. Regarding your question, I'd like to let you know that there isn't an available option to adjust or change the brightness setting for your Charge 3 through the Fitbit App. 

On a side note, please make sure that your Charge 3 hasn't gone into Sleep or DND mode. When any of these settings are activated: 

• Notifications don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker’s screen to turn on.

To change this, press and hold the button, and swipe left to access the quick settings screen. Tap a setting to turn it on or off. When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device? Also, note that the Brightness setting can also be found in the settings app on your Charge 3. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

I have the same issue. 

There is nothing to see on the screen so I can't go to settings.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @krupscafe. I´m sorry to hear that there´s nothing on your Charge 3 screen.

Please try restarting your tracker in order to light its screen:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't see the smile. Screen is too dark.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @GES1. I'm sorry to hear that you can't see the smile after restarting your Charge 3 since the screen is too dark.

I recommend performing a long restart:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

If these steps don't work, change your clock face by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes