Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I purchase a Charge 2 battery?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I think I need a new battery for my Charge 2. What size do I need and where can I purchase one.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Welcome to the forums!

There is no battery replacment

Contact support

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@Dobbiegirl Thanks for stopping by!  Why do you think you need a new battery? Is it not charging or is it draining quickly? The Charge 2 doesn't have a replaceable battery but I suggest you clean your tracker's contacts with a toothpick or toothbrush then use cotton with rubbing alcohol to clean the tracker and charging cable contacts. Make sure you are charging it directly to a computer's usb port while the computer is on (not in hibernation or sleep mode) or use the wall adapter that came with your phone. You can also restart the tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

If this doesn't work then please contact support like @WendyB suggested.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Apple will change batteries in older out-of-warranty products.  The typical price is $79, rather high.  Fitbit could offer a $40 battery replacement service as a means to build customer goodwill.

Future models should have a battery than any neighborhood watch shop can replace for $10.

The type of battery used in the Fitbit should provide about 80% of its original power after 300 to 500 charge cycles. 

If you charge twice per week, the battery should provide good service for three or four years.  A battery that lasts five days in Year One should last about four days in Year Three. 

Cleaning the contacts on the charging cable and on the Fitbit with rubbing alcohol or eyeglasses solution can improve charging because invisible skin oil film can prevent charging.

Moderator edit: merged posts

Best Answer

@alanhouston thank you for your suggestions at this time there isn't a replacement center so this can't be offered but you can vote for a similar idea in our Feature suggestions board. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it. 

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

i9170ishi9696

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Extratarastrial Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Do you have any question or issue with your Charge 2? If this is the case please let me know I will gladly assist you.

I look forward to your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just creeping didn't want to comment but I want to try and find a replacement battery since 25% off does nothing for me. I would rather deal with a company that sees some value in their product rather than expecting the customer to purchase another device that will likely break just as it passes the warranty again. This happened with my Charge hr and Charge 2. I am interested to buy a similar product that lasts closer to 3 years. 25% off a fitbit doesn't do that for me. 

Best Answer
Your Charge 2 battery should provide good service for 3 or 4 years. If it
stops charging sooner than that, the cause is NOT likely to be the battery.

First, the contacts on the charging cable and the Fitbit must be clean.
Skin oil may be invisible but blicks charging. I use eyeglass cleaning
kits to remove the oil. Spray the cleaning cloth with cleaner and rub the
contacts clean every week or two.

Next test the charger by giving your FITBIT a long charge, 7 or 8 hours.
If it is not at 100% after that likely the charger is defective.

Fitbit sells chargers and they are available on Amazon and Ebay. I bought
a couple extra chargers for travel and to have a backup.
Best Answer

Hi 

You can replace the battery follow the below link: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYwEM7W19dg 

Best Answer

Buying a battery and replacing it is a bit tricky requiring plastic/electronics parts gentle disassembly and delicate un-solder, solder on new battery. WARNING: this will definitely void your warranty. It could cause wailing and gnashing of teeth, bruised/cut/burnt fingers/thumbs, dead fitbits, fire. I might be possible if you have some electronics soldering and disassembly/reassembly repair experience. This battery might work: 80mAh LSSP411415 Replace Battery For Fitbit Charge 2, or less mAh(not as good): LSSP411415 Battery for Fitbit Charge 2 Smart Watch SmartWatch 60mAh Li-Po Li Polymer  Not original parts obviously so size(physical dimensions and power) as well as quality could be an issue, BUT they might work. Good project to take on.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000050065247.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.24982ee5o0soAj&algo_pvi...

Best Answer