Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I swim with my Charge 4?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can I wear my fitbit while swimming without damaging it?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Srapach. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

As @SunsetRunner has mentioned, most Fitbit devices are water-resistant to 50 meters. They're designed to be swimproof and stand up to even the sweatiest of workouts. 

Nevertheless, if your watch got wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. If your watch has come into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil) and dry it with a lint free-cloth. Be sure to follow our Wear and Care instructions to keep your device clean.

Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Srapach 

Yes, the Charge 4 is indeed waterproof up to 50 meters. But I’ll like to add that exposing your Charge fitness tracker (or any Fitbit, for that matter) to soaps, shampoos, conditioners or other corrosives could diminish the device's water resistance. Consider removing it from your wrist before you shower. Also it’s definitely not recommended for a hot tub or sauna.
look her for more information and tips: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1598.htm
😃Please let me know if this provided you with the best answer for your question

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Srapach. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

As @SunsetRunner has mentioned, most Fitbit devices are water-resistant to 50 meters. They're designed to be swimproof and stand up to even the sweatiest of workouts. 

Nevertheless, if your watch got wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. If your watch has come into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil) and dry it with a lint free-cloth. Be sure to follow our Wear and Care instructions to keep your device clean.

Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer