Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Cracked screen be replaced

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Love my Fitbit but hate that my screen has cracked down the middle. I have not dropped it or done anything weird just put it in charge and woke up to a cracked screen. It seems to have warped and now I cannot read the time etc. still works and syncs to phone but cannot use it as a watch 😢 Seems to be a common occurrence with these watches. Can you get the screen replaced?

Best Answer
868 REPLIES 868
It's an absolute joke, given the preponderance of cracked screen issues with the FitBit Charge 2, that FitBit won't recognize the need to declare themselves responsible and feel comfortable offering a pittance of compensation with a $25 coupon toward a future FitBit purchase. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out of the FitBit sales line. Explore your option's folks.
Best Answer

Spot on ! Absolutely agree.  . The media will be involved very soon 

Best Answer
I’ve just had a long online chat. Offering me a 25 percent discount on a new one. Originally I had a flex which broke twice. They were good and after a complaint they gave me a one time upgrade to the charge 2.
It’s still in warranty but it goes from the original purchase the year before so “not” which is an utter disgrace. Really peeved as I like the product. Did you buy another or something else?
I’m in the uk.

Sent from Tracey
Best Answer

I want to know what happens next too! 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Very well said!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. , - I just hate being exploited and patronised ! Also wasting money ....

Best Answer

Me 2 please, 

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just like mine!

Best Answer
0 Votes
And mine

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
  • 3CB05D9E-93C2-41FE-A587-0969E3C5E4A1.jpegI kept trying to clean my Fitbit screen thinking I had a streak down the middle. Then, while I was in broad daylight, I noticed a crack. I haven’t dropped it, nor have I hit it in any way. Looks like yours. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Look exactly like mine. Seem like there is a issue with this type of Fitbit in general. Sucks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this is what the cracks commonly look like. It is amazing that FitBit cannot and will not own up to this. Shameful. I am currently working on something in this regards

Best Answer
It's such  widespread issue that we cant ALL be wrong. Obviously flawed design and FitBit should taken to task. I have been happy with various FitBit devices until this flawed device. They really should own up and replace every one or provide a $200 coupon to everyone with a Charge 2. Let us all know if anyone will be taking the lead on a solution.
Best Answer

I just went to Fitbit help. There is absolutely no way they will repair the charge 2 device. They don’t have any places that repair any of their devices. I told them I would ask the Fitbit community to give poor reviews to charge 2 and/or other Fitbit devices due to the lack of customer service available. Now I have to search where I can post a review to be most effective. I ask others with the same problem, i.e., the cracked face, to do the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is only 20 months old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Threw mine out. It got gradually worse to the point where the display started to go so I binned it 3 weeks ago.

Best Answer

Sorry to hear that. I assume mine will break down due to air/moisture getting inside because of the crack. I won’t get another Fitbit. 

Best Answer

The annoying thing is that there's nowhere that even sells the parts. I'm an electronic engineer and would be prepared to repair it myself, but without spare parts that can't be done.

Best Answer

It’s such a shame because both the software and concept are very good.

However here we have a 43 page thread marked “solved” when people are still reporting identical issues with the screen. This issue is not solved admin!

Surely at some point someone high up at Fitbit will hold their hands up and admit that the product is faulty.

I won’t be buying another in for sure. 

Best Answer