Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Cracked screen be replaced

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Love my Fitbit but hate that my screen has cracked down the middle. I have not dropped it or done anything weird just put it in charge and woke up to a cracked screen. It seems to have warped and now I cannot read the time etc. still works and syncs to phone but cannot use it as a watch 😢 Seems to be a common occurrence with these watches. Can you get the screen replaced?

Best Answer
868 REPLIES 868
You are so right!! Not solved and many unhappy customers that are spreading bad news about Fitbit.
I’m not happy. Still works for a limited time. Won’t buy another. Others I know are discouraged!
Hope a higher pers will solve the issue!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

So after my 2nd Fitbit's screen cracked, now the whole thing has a black screen and won't charge. I have tried everything to charge it and even tried my dad's cable.

So I wrote anther letter to Fitbit explaining my rights as a consumer. Guess what?. They have offered me a replacement on the same model or 50% off the original purchase price of a new Fitbit.

I don't want one with the same problems and I can't believe they keep sending out faulty products. I have actually just bought a Fossil smartwatch that looks a lot nicer than any Fitbit. So no, I don't want to purchase a new one with any kind of discount. I just want my money back.

Has anyone ever got their money back?

Best Answer
rachylou, it's a good bet they plan to keep our money. Fitbit costs are
much lower than any coupons and discounts being provided.
Best Answer

My charge 2 is 1.5 years old and out of warranty.  I called customer service 3 months ago to report the crack screen.  They refuse to replace it.  I contacted them again yesterday because there is another crack.  They gave me the same standard answer.  It is out of warranty.  Buy another one at a discount.  But why will I when the watch keeps cracking?  Why wouldn't they replace the watch to boost consumer confidence?  Isn't it what it's about?  

Best Answer
You are right. Mine still works too!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
You are right. It costs a lot cheaper than the price we buy it at. Then why not exchange it?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I can not believe I’ve found this thread!

My Charge 2 (Xmas gift end of 2016) has the exact same crack on the screen that I’ve just see in a number of posts. Exactly the same! It appeared a few months ago and I just assumed I had dropped it - but I really don’t think I had. 

Now I feel confident it is a fault with the device having seen so many identical photos. 

So is it proven as a fault and are they getting replaced?? 

Best Answer
Don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

If your Charge 2 has a cracked screen, your best bet is to contact Customer Support to report the damage and review your options. 

As this thread has been going on for some time and is going off-topic we will be closing it for further replies. Thank you. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer