Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Cracked screen be replaced

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Love my Fitbit but hate that my screen has cracked down the middle. I have not dropped it or done anything weird just put it in charge and woke up to a cracked screen. It seems to have warped and now I cannot read the time etc. still works and syncs to phone but cannot use it as a watch 😢 Seems to be a common occurrence with these watches. Can you get the screen replaced?

Best Answer
868 REPLIES 868

Can my screen on charge 2 be replaced. Everything works but it is cracked 

Best Answer

I called the Fitbit.com help desk and they said they can replace your Fitbit if it is still under warranty but since mine is 17 months old and no longer under warranty, the best they could do was send me a 25% coupon to purchase another Fitbit from Fitbit.com.  But I would still have to pay $100 + which is a bit too much just to replace a cracked screen with a new Fitbit knowing the screen  will likely crack again.  Sure do wish they sold a replacement screen or recall these defective screens.

My Fitbit still works but it the screen has a big crack the whole length of the screen.  

Best Answer

I have this same problem...how do I get a new screen? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your Fitbit is no longer under warranty, Fitbit.com’s solution is to purchase another Fitbit.

Best Answer
I contacted the supplier from who I bought the fitbit and they were not
able to assist me! I had my fitbit for 3 months when the crack appeared. I
now have my fitbit for about 9 months (still within warranty) and there is
nothing I can do.
I will never purchase another fitbit or recommend it to anyone.
Best Answer
Did you contact Fitbit.com help? They told me they would replace my Fitbit if it was under warranty, but unfortunately, it was no longer under warranty when the screen cracked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still waiting to hear back after emailing a photo on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

20180821_191731.jpg

Same issue. Popped when I was in the sun. Same foolish offer from support for being 3 months out of the 1 year warranty

Best Answer

Call them at 877.623.4997

Best Answer
0 Votes

Naw they were useless. 25% discount. Apparently they make disposable products

Best Answer

The answer is NO and the cracked screens are due to a poor design from fitbit. They know this is a problem and they will do nothing to make it right. Way not to go fitbit. Very disappointed and will not be supporting fitbit any longer.

Best Answer

As a minimum, they should sell replacement screens!!!

Best Answer

Contact Fitbit directly. Both me and my husband got replacement firbits wgennours cracked due to heat on holiday. Mine was 11 months old and they still replaced it. 

Best Answer

I spoke to a supervisor today.  He said they are aware of the cracked screens but the only solution he offered was a 25% discount on a new Fitbit.   I am definitely not willing to throw good money after bad.  Why in the world would I purchase a product that has a flawed design, especially when Fitbit knows about it and does not stand behind their product?  

Fitbit, you let me and hundreds of other clients down.  Shame on you!

Best Answer
How old is your Fitbit? Mine was 11 months old so still in warranty - I was offered 59% off any product or a free replacement. Argue your case if it’s still within warranty.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

11 months is still within 12 months so I wouldn't accept that 59%

Also crazy they acknowledge the issue but still say too bad to the consumers. No wonder stock has been dropping.

Best Answer

I have tge same problem...twice! First time my screen cracked just a few weeks before tha warranty run out and got the whole watch replaced free of charge. Now it’s 15 months since the new replacement and it cracked again! From what I see just on this one site I think it is a good cause for a class complaint, in the least!

Best Answer

I can't believe this, I woke up and my fitbit looks identical with the crack, and all the other forums say the same thing, no help from fitbit, just a discount on a new one, and of course my warranty just ran out.  Obviously fitbit has a problem with this.

Best Answer

IMG_7809.JPG

Looks like I will be calling FitBit support too. Just showed up one day for no apparent reason. Mine was purchased last Black Friday, so should still be under warranty. 

Best Answer

So many Fitbit charge 2 users are experiencing the dreaded cracked screen.  Maybe Fitbit will finally figure out that they need to do something about it!  Good luck!

Best Answer