Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Cracked screen be replaced

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Love my Fitbit but hate that my screen has cracked down the middle. I have not dropped it or done anything weird just put it in charge and woke up to a cracked screen. It seems to have warped and now I cannot read the time etc. still works and syncs to phone but cannot use it as a watch 😢 Seems to be a common occurrence with these watches. Can you get the screen replaced?

Best Answer
868 REPLIES 868

I am on my second Charge 2 which I love, but like the first one, this has also developed a cracked screen without any obvious mishap that would have caused it.

Is there any way that it can be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone know if its just a default in the charge 2 or if its all Fitbit products? I have to admit, i like the dashboard and the products themselves but I wont be buying again if it happens to anther device. I really looked after mine, its like new but as its outside the 12 months, Fitbit refused to replace it. I wasnt offered any discount for a new product

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine cracked out of warranty like everyone elses. I would suggest writing or emailing to the head of sales at fitbit. The addresses are in the middle of one of the threads on this issue. They replaced mine and several others out of warranty. I did not write to complain, but I did offer several possible solutions that I asked them to consider. They surprised me by sending a new unit which I had not asked for, but in my case, I think they went above and beyond. I hope everyone else has the same success as I want fitbit to succeed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You must be one of the lucky ones to have it replaced out of warranty, Im glad that someone got theirs fixed though, restores my faith a little! Just seems like there are so many faulty devices, and reading back over the thread, some people didnt realise at first and assume they did the damage themselves, which isnt likely the case. Ive contacted the sales and support teams and sent tweets too, its my second fitbit, i upgraded from the Alta as i really enjoyed it so im very disappointed. I know the crack is only going to get worse 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

No remedy whatsoever.  Only advice from Fitbit is "buy a new one"

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks ... will certainly try!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen cracked down the middle also! Was wandering if it can be replaced. Also is there a way to delete all the notifications relating to if you achieved or didn’t achieve your daily step goals, I have pages and pages of these.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a web chat with their Customer Services department yesterday. While saying that the cracked screen was not covered by the warranty, they are sending me a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow!  Good for you.  I talked to them twice and all they did was offer 25% off on another Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Was yours still under warranty though?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey folks! I hope you are having a great day! 

I'm sorry to hear about the inconveniences that you have with the screen of your Charge 2 since is cracked. On the other hand, I want to thank you guys the time you have taken to get in touch with our Support team, they then take a look at your warranty and try to choose the most adequate option to get you back on track. 

I can see that some of you maybe didn't get an option that meets your expectations but keep in mind that each scenario is different, and Fitbit does what they can to help you out. 

We really appreciate you are sharing your experiences and feedback in regards of our products. We send them to our team so they can review them. 

Let me know if you have further questions or comments! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Said it once, i will say it again

same crack in all of them, same problem, SAME SCENARIO.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit has a crack down the middle, don't remember hitting it on anything. Just wondered if screens can be replaced? Paula
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pevenner wrote:
My fitbit has a crack down the middle, don't remember hitting it on anything. Just wondered if screens can be replaced? Paula

Three way crack in the screen, i see a pattern
20181016_150423.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

No they cannot be replaced.

Contact Customer support - and depending on the duration of your warranty, you may be offered a replacement or a discount on a new one.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is this response for real? Are you taking something?
Our screens are cracked through a product defect not misuse and you are advising to look at our warranties! Is it some sort of joke!
At the end of the day the screen should not crack in the heart. They should be replaced in or out of warranty.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

18 months when it cracked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine cracked yesterday too! No reason! Not dropped or anything, ☹️ Not buying another Fitbit , you can see even the strap has warped and I have not gotten it wet or done any sports!

06F7272E-597C-4FFE-8656-81BD4887DCD0.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, please do it. I will sign it up.
Best Answer

Fitbit replaced mine out of warranty after I sent an email to the VP of sales, they got back to me very quickly and I had a replacement in about a week. (address for all are in one to these threads). I would suggest everyone do the same thing. The forum moderators do not have the authority to offer any out of warranty solutions other than the silly discount coupon. 

Best Answer