Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can change display from right hand to left hand

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I change by fitbit from right wrist to the left.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In device settings, there is an option "Wrist Placement" left or right.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

In device settings, there is an option "Wrist Placement" left or right.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@BoricuaGirl I hope you're doing well! Just take into consideration that changing the settings like @JohnnyRow suggested will only tell the tracker where are you wearing it it won't rotate the screen to be won on the other hand. If this is what you actually want then you can vote for the idea in our Feature suggestions board. The more popular an idea becomes the more likely the developers will try to implement it.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

After changing the settings from right wrist placement to left wrist placement..still my display is showing up side down when I am wearing it on my left wrist!!! Can you help me with the settings plz?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tlpj wrote:

After changing the settings from right wrist placement to left wrist placement..still my display is showing up side down when I am wearing it on my left wrist!!! Can you help me with the settings plz?

Just flip it around so the button is on the other side

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to agree with @rebel3217, because most people are right handed. The Charge 2, like most watches, is designed to be worn on the left arm. The button is on the wrong side when worn on the right wrist. 

The button is not a winding stem, and is possitioned so that the thumb, the stronger digit, can press it.

Best Answer

Actually I wear mine on my left arm and when pushing the button with my right hand I come from the top and place my thumb on the side without the button and press the button with my index finger. Just seems more natural to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that but it did not change.

BobSt

Best Answer

@BobSt It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! The setting above will tell the system where are you wearing your tracker so it knows if it is on the dominant or non dominant hand but it won't rotate the screen if that is what you are trying to do. If you are interested in this feature you can vote for the idea in our Feature suggestions board, the more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changed hand in settings but has not changed on bit

Best Answer
0 Votes

All I want to do is rotate the screen!

Best Answer

@Paulhavo1963 please reread the post by @AlvaroFitbit that is found right above your post .

Best Answer
0 Votes

remove the strap and adjust accordingly

Best Answer
0 Votes

How to change display from right to left hand

Best Answer

Where can I find the setting to change it

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rose3560 scroll up and read the best answer .

Screenshot_20200712-032831_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

that is not the best answer - a left handed wants to have the button at the other side of the screen - other smartwatches have solved this with rotating the screen (that we are a minority, doesn't solve this issue)

Best Answer

The feature is archived. Is this just a lost cause for left-handers who wear the watch on the right hand? 

Not only is it a little harder to press the button with the index finger, but sometimes the button is accidentally pressed if I am bending my wrist back. I've accidentally paused workouts doing that before and had to push it up my arm a bit.

Best Answer

This still doesn't seem to have been resolved. I recently bought the versa 3 and had exactly the same issue. When looking, all the new devices come with a sensor rather than an actual button meaning they are all going to do the same thing. I've had to look at alternative options by competitors to get around this.

Best Answer

@BB3df0rd in what way.has it not been resolved, and why is this a question at all. 

Your fitbit device is designed to be worn on the left hand. Most people at right handed and wear a watch on their left hand. 

Fitbit does not have a winding stem, but a button, which is placed in the best place for the thumb to press. 

Currently it would be a little awkward to be worn on the right arm because the button is not near the top (likegthe AW)

Best Answer
0 Votes