Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect my Charge 4 to my new phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So - just got a new iPhone - set it up by restoring a backup from my old iPhone... went to check fitbit - it's not syncing... so i removed it and tried to set it up again... the app finds the Charge 4 but times out on connection. I try rebooting the fitbit and get the same result. So I logout of the app, uninstall it and restart my phone. then reinstall the app and attempt to connect (following all instructions). this time i get to the stage of entering the 4 digit code. The charge 4 shows the code and i enter it into the phone... The app says 'connecting' but the fitbit says 'please install or update the app to connect' and thats as far as it gets.... what am i doing wrong?!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Gazzac4. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 4 before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

I agree with @BillJ99x, it seems that your Charge 4 cannot connect properly to your new phone since you haven't yet forgotten the connection between your watch and the old phone's Bluetooth which would explain the connectivity issues you're running into. With that said, try the steps below: 

• Unpair your Charge 4 from your old phone's Bluetooth and also from the new phone.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your new phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Charge 4 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Charge 4.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Try removing the Charge 4 from the list of Bluetooth devices. You might also need to delete the data and cache for the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Gazzac4. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 4 before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

I agree with @BillJ99x, it seems that your Charge 4 cannot connect properly to your new phone since you haven't yet forgotten the connection between your watch and the old phone's Bluetooth which would explain the connectivity issues you're running into. With that said, try the steps below: 

• Unpair your Charge 4 from your old phone's Bluetooth and also from the new phone.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your new phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Charge 4 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Charge 4.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same problem, but have one more step to ask about. First of all the new phone gets the information from the old phone sync. I did not try the steps yet because I am also about to upgrade to a charge 5, and my new phone is not connected to a carrier as yet. My question is, when the phone is connected and the old phone is no longer on the service, should I then remove or disable the app from the old phone, and then set up the charge 5 on the new phone. Thanks for looking into this for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes