Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into the Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can’t log in the app and it says I have the wrong email. I still get emails for fit bit though

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Shut down your phone. Go back in and try again.

If that doesnt work un-install shut down phone again. Go back in and re-install

Keep us posted!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Shut down your phone. Go back in and try again.

If that doesnt work un-install shut down phone again. Go back in and re-install

Keep us posted!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks it works again

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have done the trouble shooting and the app still says i have the wrong email/password. I know they are correct because I logged onto the app with my computer using the exact same email and password. this has been going on for 3 days and counting.

Best Answer

I have done the same....not able to get into my app.....

Best Answer

I have uninstalled the app, shut down the phone, re-installed and it says I have the wrong email or password.  (iOS 12.4, Fitbit charge 3)

I know now they are correct because I can login from the web.   How do we re-open this issue?

The solution doesn’t work.  

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Can't get my alarms to work because I can't sync with my phone or log in. I've changed my password on the computer and on the phone four times. I've shut everything down. I've deleted and reinstalled the app.

One thing that might be a factor is I get the option to log in with Facebook on the desktop, and I don't get that option on the Samsung Galaxy.

Best Answer

Did anyone get an answer from Fitibt?

Best Answer
I know I didn't, it took a few days and a lot of frustration for me to log in and even then I don't know what I did different to get logged in, it just logged me back in randomly.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues says my email/password is invalid when I can log into the desktop site.

What is going on?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue since a week.. tried the re-install, switching on and off.. online logging in works fine just not on my galaxy6.. any suggestions anyone??

Best Answer
0 Votes

No they seem to be mute!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Support Team,

Hi! I cant enter login into my fitbit app. I have reinstall the apps and shutdown the watch few times but it is not working.

Do advise.

Rohana

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue on iphone.  I can log in on my computer but not through the app. 

Best Answer

I realized my fitbit has not syn'ed for 2 week. I cannot login to the mobile app. I *can* login to the fitbit website. I restarted my phone, still doesn't work. Uninstalled app, reinstalled app, restarted phone, still doesn't work. Very frustrating. 

I thought of one more thing to try while typing this. I turned off VPN and login worked. I suspect this was a combination of factors, there was an app update that required new permissions. 

After logging in the last two weeks sync'ed with no data lost - thankful.

Best Answer

I just ran into the same problem ...so strange! I knew my password, it was just changed via the webpage, but I cannot login back to my app anymore...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't work for me... Just like a lot of other people based on the comments.

At least some explanation if not a solution please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked for me too thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

it happened to me too.. did reboot and uninstall thingy.. yet still not working..!! Hey fitbit..  fixed this issues...!!!! 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

same - cannot login to fitbit connect. got correct version for mac mini 2011 - HS10.13.6

can login on web page and via app on iPhone.

only want to transfer music - the whole point of buying the ionic !!!  PLEASE HELP

Best Answer