Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open notifications menu in app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a charge 2 and at once stage it was receiving notifications, however recently it has stopped working. 

I have give through the setup again and reset the tracker. It is connected on Bluetooth however when I try to go into the 'notifications' menu of the app it just has a loading spinning circle and doesn't open. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone. Thanks for participating in the community forums. 

@Jay6733 There is currently an inconvenience that won't allow to open the notification settings screen. In this case the suggested workaround is to uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit App. There is a big chance that this will work. 

But if you recently updated the Fitbit App and you noticed that this does no longer persist, please don't perform the steps above. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

@Budha_belly, I am not sure why the Notifications screen will not open in the app, but for receiving the notifications on your Charge 2 tracker, ensure that they are not muted.  Press & hold the side button on the Charge 2 to toggle the Notifications between On and Off - you want it set to On.

Best Answer

Hi, yeah. I've worked through the whole setup from the start. Everything is on, synced, paired etc. I just get the listing circle logo when trying to open the notifications menu in the app

Best Answer

When you say that everything is on, yyou have checked the notifacation starus through the Charge 2 itself?

As for the spinning circle, have yourebooted  the phone? What tyoe of phone is it?

Have you checked to make sure the app is up to date, both in the app store and does it aggree with this http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2025

How about removing the app, reboot phone, install Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Budha_belly Out of curiosity what type of mobile device are you using and software version is it running?

I'd also recommend verifying that you have notifications turned on for your message/phone/calendar app in your phone's settings. This can be done by: tapping settings > tap notifications > tap phone/messages/calendar > and toggle Allow Notifications on.

Keep me posted!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I have an iPhone and running software Version 22.48.14

All notifications set to allow and the phone receives them.

I can't open the notification menu in the fitbit app though and so don't
think they are setup correctly.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You probably fixed it but what worked for me was to

• go into bluetooth settings on iphone,
  • click the i next the charge 2,
  • select 'forget this device',
  • go back to fitbit app, click the charge 2 icon in the top left of the screen on the dashboard,
  • click notifications (spinner is not there anymore),
  • and you get a dialog from IOS about a Pair Request - click Pair. You're good.
Best Answer

You are awesome Dye A.  Thanks for responding 

@DyeA wrote:

You probably fixed it but what worked for me was to

• go into bluetooth settings on iphone,
  • click the i next the charge 2,
  • select 'forget this device',
  • go back to fitbit app, click the charge 2 icon in the top left of the screen on the dashboard,
  • click notifications (spinner is not there anymore),
  • and you get a dialog from IOS about a Pair Request - click Pair. You're good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same exact thing happened to me!.

Thank you so so so much! I was having the same problem!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wished that I had found your solution 2 hours ago.  I have been doing everything that all of the other submitters had recommended, delete, reboot, restart, enable, disable, cancel, load, refresh, sync, pair, etc. Nothing worked so I felt that I had a dud Fitbit until you mentioned to tap the (i) next to the Charge 2 in Bluetooth and viola that gave me the listing I needed in order to enable the notifications. Unbelievable!! So frustrating that it took so many posts to then finally get to this one that actually worked. It would be so useful, helpful, and time saving for you solution to have a higher rank so that more users can see the simple yet very effective solution. Thank you sooo much for taking the time to help troubleshoot. Very much appreciated.

Simply click the (i) next to your Fitbit in Bluetooth. Done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you 😊 I tried ll the other suggestions before stumbling on your solution. It’s. Thumbs up from me too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this tip. I had already tried all the other advice that others had given. You posted something I didn't know to try. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting exactly the same issue here... 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Budha_belly

This issue continues to haunt Fitbit - and I have experienced the same with Charge 3 and iPhone 6s iOS version 14.4. (Notification within the Fitbit app - mobile - will not open to access app notifications, path Tracker Charge #/Notifications/App Notifications).

After much and many different effort to resolve with plenty of online and Community research - this is what I did to fix the problem, now working flawlessly.

Here is your fix -

1. delete the Fitbit mobile app from your phone

2. poor off phone, then power on phone

3. reinstall Fitbit app on your phone

4 sync app with your phone

5 Notification App within Fitbit app will resume response and you can enable notifications form there

Best of luck and hoping to easily resolve your challenge - this worked for me

Best Answer

Thanks! I had this issue and once I deleted and reinstalled the app it was fixed! Thank you!

Best Answer

Thank goodness I scrolled down enough to see your post. I have tried all the other suggestions and nothing. I feel like I just had a ‘why didn’t I think of that!’ moment!

🙂 thank you!

Best Answer

Many Thanks! I tried this and works for me.

I have a Versa 2 and IPhone 7 Plus iOS 14.4

Best Answer

This really helped!! Thank you so much for sharing.

Best Answer

Thank you!

I have a Fitbit Charge 3 and iPhone 6S Plus (iOS 14.4.2). All worked normally after reinstalling the app ‎Fitbit Health & Fitness.

Best Answer

Thanks, been trying to fix this issue for awhile! 🤦‍:female_sign:

Best Answer