Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair Charge 2 on Android phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Device didn't sync so I removed it from app and tried the pair it again however it goes as far as finding the device pairing the 4 digits but then it just keeps showing that it is connecting. Not sure what to do have restarted tracker and phone and reinstalled the app

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Aiva! Thanks for already troubleshooting this, nice way to go! Woman Very Happy

While reading the steps you've attempted, I was wondering if you removed the Charge 2 from your account only? If so, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your mobile device and remove the tracker from there as well. 

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device.

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below:

• Note that you can't set up your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The Fitbit app needs to be updated
  • The software on your phone is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed:
    • Android—Tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To find it:
    • Android—Tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
  • Double-check the following information about your phone or tablet:

If you're still unable to set up, try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Restart Fitbit Charge 2 once again. 
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try setting up your device again.
  7. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Give this a shot and let me know if this time your tracker can be paired again! Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Aiva! Thanks for already troubleshooting this, nice way to go! Woman Very Happy

While reading the steps you've attempted, I was wondering if you removed the Charge 2 from your account only? If so, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your mobile device and remove the tracker from there as well. 

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device.

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below:

• Note that you can't set up your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The Fitbit app needs to be updated
  • The software on your phone is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed:
    • Android—Tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To find it:
    • Android—Tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
  • Double-check the following information about your phone or tablet:

If you're still unable to set up, try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Restart Fitbit Charge 2 once again. 
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try setting up your device again.
  7. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Give this a shot and let me know if this time your tracker can be paired again! Smiley Very Happy

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thanks you so much for your help the Bluetooth was the fault and the device is now  working again and syncing perfectly. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Music to my ears @Aiva! I'm very happy to hear you were able to pair your Charge 2! Woman Very Happy Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the previous steps, in order. Since the Nov. 14 update to the android software, I was unable to sync. So I started the "re-pair" process, removed the app from the phone, reset the device, unpaired, re-paired, etc. The phone app finds the device, asks for a PIN which the device generates, I enter the PIN, and "Connecting..."  is displayed. Nothing further. I've tried this with the device unpaired from the phone bluetooth app and paired. It makes no difference. It still stalls at this point. Suggestions?

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem as you. Have tried everything. Getting really annoyed about it now. 

Best Answer
I unpaired, made sure the Fitbit vanished from my phone, uninstalled and
reinstalled the app. Then re-paired. It works now.

Jonathan A. Wilder, Ph.D.

Managing Director

Quality Processing Resource Group, LLC

440 W. Sedgwick St. B109

Philadelphia, PA 19119

+1-585-329-9939

Fax +1-585-486-1415
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all that you suggested. Bluetooth, fitbit application erased and downloaded againNothing works 

Best Answer

Tried ALL that you suggested. Nothing works. After I set everything... 4 numbers code is entered.... connecting..... forrrrrever. Seriously?! I am not even able to set up the date and time!!! Very annoyed by this. Waste of money and precious time with a piece of thing that has many flaws. Extremely dissapointed. 

Best Answer

For anyone trying to setup a Charge 2.  I had tried everything that has been suggested with both my phone app and computer. Turned off, turned on.  un-installed, re-installed.  Confirmed updates. power saving off.  Re-Boot Everything. Repeat. Moved my old fitbit out to the barn out of range ( As the phone suggested the 3rd time).  I still got as far as entering the 4 digit number, "connecting", 4-5 minutes later nothing, 4 times !  Being stubborn, I tried again, entered the 4 digit number, walked out of the room for about 7-8 minutes, came back and SUCCESS !  So try again, let it go for awhile and see what happens.

Best Answer

I have tried all the suggested steps multiple times, but still to no avail. Once I get my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy J3) to find my Charge 2, it will not pair. After several attempts, the error message reads, "Unable to pair Charge 2. Make sure your Charge 2 is ready to pair." 

I don't know how many months it has been since this problem arose, but it used to work. Please help!

Best Answer

I am having the same issue except for the fact that on my galaxy a8 when I first got the phone it was on android 8 and my charge 2 showed up in the list of paired devices but after the update to android 9 it doesn't show up anymore however I am still able to mostly sync with the app but am not able to receive any notifications except for the ones from Fitbit itself no calls or texts or calender alerts after the update from android 8 to android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here. After reading that someone got there by persisting in trying to pair using the four-digit number generated by the device, I tried the same thing but now my device is not generating any more numbers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ihave been unable to sync my charge 2 for some time now.  Removed it from my phone and now cannot set it up.  Have restarted charge 2 several times. Have restarted phone several times. Have removed fitbit app and reinstalled several times.  Have tried all solutions written in forums with no success. Charge 2 will no longer connect or sync on laptop either. Charge 2 is just over 2 years old. Save using 2 bricks can someone come up with a NEW solution not already suggested?

Best Answer

Feeling extremely frustrated.  My Charge 2 was working fine up until last Tuesday, really not sure what to do.  I have followed all the advice, removed the app, checked the Bluetooth settings, yet after the 4 digit code I get nothing, can anyone help?

Best Answer

My Charge 2 also stopped working last Tuesday. Weird sync where it sometimes reports the correct current step count & other details, but does not record them to my account. More often, sync fails completely. Have been trying to re-pair with my phone, deleting device from both phone & fitbit app, restarting both phone & fitbit, all to no avail. When trying to re-pair, the fitbit comes up with the 4 digit code, but when I enter that into my phone, it still does not pair. Have tried this numerous times now. Carefully considering binning it.

Best Answer

Also, make sure that your Charge 2 is not already paired with another device like an iPad. I could not get my Charge2 to pair with my Android Phone only to discover that it was already paired to my iPad. Seems that the Charge 2 can only pair with one device at a time. I turned off Bluetooth on my iPad and was able to pair the charge 2 to my android with no problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.

Charge 2 and Samsung A10

After the 4 digit code nothing is happening ....

Ro/Charge 3/IOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

And if non of those advice working ?

Ro/Charge 3/IOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I enter the 4 digit code on to my cell phone Samsung Galaxy 8 then nothing happens I got a message saying device cannot be paired. I am at a loss as to explain this I have followed all the troubleshooting instructions and still cannot get my Fitbit to work. This is extremely frustrating and not what I was expecting from my Fitbit charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes