Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair my Charge 2 with the Honor 6X

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have purchase a new phone honor 6X because my charge 2 would not pair with my old phone, but now I am having the same problem, not pairing with my honor 6x phone. Can someone help in giving me ideas on what to do.

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Hello @242bahamas

Lets back up a little.im assuming a few things.

Your Charge 2 was setup, and still is, to your Fitbit account.

On your new phone, you downloaded the Fitbit app.

Logged into yoir account.

The app then tries to sync.

Im not sure where the pairing comes in.

I assume you mean it wont sync.

Best Answer

Hi,

I am having the similar problem, could not pair charge 2 with honor 6x.

Can some one help on this issue.

regards,

Anil.

Best Answer

@242bahamas @AnilSagar I hope you're doing well! The Honor 6X isn't listed as a compatible device so I can't guarantee that it will work or work without issues. Still as a general rule you will need to have Location Services (GPS) on, give the app the proper permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) then restart the bluetooth on your phone and restart the tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

If you still can't sync or setup your device then please try it with a compatible mobile device or a Windows 10 or Mac computer with integrated bluetooth running the Fitbit software. Also remember that to sync or setup the tracker both must be done from the app like @Rich_Laue mentioned in his post.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried with all these steps but no luck yet.

Can you let me know when can this device Honor 6X will be included in the compatibility list.

Regards,

Anil.

Best Answer

I too am having the same issue. Any idea when this is going to be fixed?

Best Answer

@rn2290 Thanks for stopping by!

@AnilSagar @rn2290 I don't have any information of when/if the Honor 6X will be added to the list of compatible list but I suggest you keep an eye on it to see any updates that there may be.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why would it be an "if" and not just "when"?

Best Answer

It's simply because we don't know what is happening in the development department. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any further update on when can we expect the device to be added in the compatibilty list.

regards,

anil.

Best Answer

Just looking for a bit of guidance from Fitbit support, what would be the way to get this flagged as a requirement for Fitbit Development to work on. Should we create a separate thread to flag this issue so we can raise it's profile.

I was gifted my Honor 6x and it's quite frustrating that similar models of Honor work fine but not this one.

Keen to support raising the profile of this issue so that Fitbit Honor 6x users aren't disadvantaged.

I would appreciate any guidance of further steps we can take in supporting this.

Many thanks, C

Best Answer

Hi,

I have the same question as Dent61.  What can we do to ask the FitBit support team to raise the priority of adding the Honor 6X as a supported device?

Thanks!

Best Answer

So, I received an update to my Charge 2 last night and now my phone and my Fitbit Charge 2 sync as they should. EVEN THOUGH THE FITBIT ISN'T PAIRED TO MY PHONE! Don't ask me how it's working like that, and I'm a tech guy. All I know is that every time I go into the app it syncs flawlessly now. I had to pair it to an old tablet last night to get it to take the update, but once I did it now syncs with my phone no problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even i received an framework update to my Charge 2, i was hoping it would resolve the sync issue but once the update got finished i tried to sync my device but no luck.

My Mac has detected the Charge 2 but my mobile still having the trouble to pair up.

I am not sure when can i see the 6x  device in the compatibility list.

Regards,

Anil.

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit We are eagerly waiting for the update.

Best Answer

Hello,

I recently changed my iPhone 6 to the honor 6x and now it won't sync to the Honor 6x please can you give us support I assumed it would be compatible with all iOS / android devices 

I do like my Fitbit and want to continue using it please help

Thanks in advance 

// J

Best Answer

My wife and I both have the same issues.  I ended up selling my charge 2.  If I read this gets fixed I may buy another.

Thanks

Best Answer

Hello everyone 

I have the exact same problem with my newly bought honour 6x.

I cannot sync it with my charge 2 .

Dear fitbit company, I do not understand your response. It does not make sense to choose mobile phones based on which one would work with the tracker. It is the other way round surely, where the company needs to make the tracker compatible to as many mobile devices as possible ? Who could we contact please to raise this matter ? 

Best Answer

Contact info may be found in the top right corner, just click where your picture would be. Or it may be found in the app under help.

Fitbit is continually testing, troubleshooting, and rewriting code for phones as thay come out. This can definately be a chore with android since not many have the same hardware, even within tje same manufacturer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, had the same issue with an Honor 6x 2017 edition phone. After 3 months I would have expected the fitbit development​ team to have provided Bluetooth support for the phone. I also tried setting up with a Nexus 5x phone which was considered Google's flagship Android phone. The charge 2 would not pair with this phone either. After this I got refund for the charge 2. Very disappointed since I believed fitbit to be the best choice in activity trackers. I'm sure you can do a lot better.

Best Answer