Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair my Charge 2 with the Honor 6X

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have purchase a new phone honor 6X because my charge 2 would not pair with my old phone, but now I am having the same problem, not pairing with my honor 6x phone. Can someone help in giving me ideas on what to do.

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Hi AlvaroFitbit,

Hoping you can give us an update.  It's been a while.  Is there anything we can do as customers to encourage Fitbit to add Honor 6X as a supported device?

Best Answer

Same issue here.

Any updates?

I have a Flex 2

Thanks

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit

Any new updates so far.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! At this time no updates about adding the Honor 6X to the compatible devices list has come from the team. I know it is a popular device so I hope it gets added. I am personally using the previous version the Honor 5X and it works great but I think this may have to do that the phone I am using uses a Qualcomm chip and the newer one use an in house Kirin chip (developed by Huawei itself who are the owners and makers of the Honor brand). This is only my impression as I don't have any technical knowledge but this would explain why the previous version works and the newer won't as also other Huawei phones don't work like theP9 lite for example that also use a Kirin chip.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hey Rich 

It may be a chore, but this is the company's job, isn't it ? Making sure the product they sell is compatible to all devices !!! 

What I also find troubling is that employees answering these posts are clueless as to what the developing team is doing. Hence they give non answers to us customers. 

Looks to me like communications within the company need some improving so that the answers we get can actually start looking like real, accurate, relevant answers. 

That would be much appreciated. 

Best Answer

What does the processor have to do with using Bluetooth to send/receive data from device and then sync with fitbit system? Sounds like the coding isn't very dynamic. 

Best Answer

Hey i have the same problem and i have almost thrown away my fitbit charge 2.... Plzzzzzzzz we need support

Best Answer

Any updates?

Best Answer

So I bought a Honor 6x last week, and have had all the problems that people have talked about on this thread.  Note before that I was using the Huawei P8 on Android 6.0 and it worked perfectly.

1) Firstly, since I already had an account I restored it from my old phone.

2) Would not detect tracker or sync.  So after restarting bluetooth, restarting the tracker, gave up, factory reset my phone, and installed only the fitbit app on it, hoping that would avoid any carry over issues or interference with other apps.

3) Tried again.  No sync.  Deleted the tracker from the account and tried to reinstal.

4) Even worse.  Could not now pair the tracker let alone sync. First problem "could not connect to fitbit.com" despite being able to connect to other sites.  Then after than, could not detect tracker.  Same ritual of switching bluetooth on and off, restarting the tracker, rebooting the phone...nothing works.

5)  I then created a new fitbit account and tried installing the tracker to that.  For some weird reason the phone now detected the tracker.  Got the pairing code and paired.  Then logged out of the new account, back into my old account and it detected the tracker!  Another pairing code and tracker was (re)installed.  Those who can't pair could try that - I don't know if it was just luck or whether the new account helped.

6)  But sync is still really sporadic and flakey.  Most times I get a "could not detect tracker" message.  But - if you leave all day sync on, it does sync.  Only thing is, it does it when it wants, and I cannot see any reason why it does at one time and not another.  Manually initiated sync almost always fails...except yesterday I managed about 3 without problem, after which it died again.

7) Forget about notifications - the connection just isn't good enough.  One day they sprang to life for about 15 min, after that disappeared again.

😎 Wrote to customer support for help.  Answer (edited for clarity):  "The Honor 6X is not supported, so tough **ahem**.  Anything else I can help you with?"

So, just some observations about this, and the level of customer support seen on these forums through the moderators.

Dear Moderators - if you are volunteers and not paid by Fitbit, then kudos to you for putting yourself in a frontline support position for a company that clearly has problems communicating effectively to their customers.  If on the other hand, you are paid by Fitbit, then you really need to step up your game - it's just not good enough to say "I don't know what my development department is doing".  If you don't know, who does?  Do you know that at least?  What do you know?

I fully understand that the Android ecosystem is complicated, and given the variations that it is difficult to guarantee 100% compatibility with every phone.  But, I cannot for the life of me understand why it is not possible for Fitbit to inform their customers, who have already bought the product, whether  technicians are working on a fix for their particular phone, and when (at least indicatively) that fix will be made available.

At the very least that information would allow your customers to decide whether to persist with Fitbit until the patch is released, or do something else.

Also, it is clear that there are insufficient resources working on this.  Before I bought my phone, I considered the Samsung s8, Oneplus 3, Mii 5, Motorola G5 as possibilities.  None of these are compatible devices!  It would probably be more accurate to say on your website instead of just "works with 200 devices" say "works with 200 devices, but none that were released less than 6 months ago"

End of the day, the Charge 2 is a good device if it works.  But if it doesn't there seems to be precious little help or ownership by the company.  I don't know if anyone in Fitbit cares, but this is not the way to retain your customer base.

Best Answer

Kamleman, you put it so brilliantly well, excellent, thank you. 

Hope the company is paying attention cause so far support is rubbish and updates non existent. I am getting ready to get rid off my Charge 2 as this situation us purely not acceptable. 

They are bound to lose customers with their neglectful approach. 

Best Answer
Agreed to all. I am getting ready to ditch this thing as well. I already have an android smartwatch that has the Fit app, and right now has about as much functionality. This is a very sad situation. Poor support all around.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​
Best Answer

Just for fun, email trail between Customer support and me.  I will update from time to time...

https://contact.fitbit.com
Jun 29 (3 days ago)

to me
Hi K,
We'd be happy to help you regarding the syncing issue you are having with your Charge 2 to your phone.
Thanks for troubleshooting the issue prior to contacting us.
Upon checking our system, we've confirmed that your phone Honor 6X is not compatible with the Fitbit app. Although you can download the app on your phone, we cannot guarantee that all features will work. For the list of compatible phones with the Fitbit app, you can go to www.fitbit.com/devices . Once we've updated the list and your phone is now supported by the app, we will let you know.
Let us know if you have more questions.
Sincerely,

Jomare P. and the Fitbit Team

Jul 1 (1 day ago)

Dear Jomare,
Could you please confirm that your team is working on a solution, and advise me, at least indicatively when that solution will be made available?
Regards
1:31 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
Hi K,
Thanks for getting back to us.
We are always testing new devices and adding to our list of supported Android models. For a current list of compatible Android devices, please visit: www.fitbit.com/devices.
Let us know if you have questions. 
Sincerely,

Rita E. and the Fitbit Team

2:51 PM (6 minutes ago)

Team,
I thought my original question was quite clear, but let me repeat it in an easier to understand format.
1) Could you please confirm that your team is working on a fix for the Honor 6X? (Yes or No?)
2) If Yes, could you please advise when, at least indicatively, the fix will be available? (Provide a month or quarter)
3) If No, could you please advise if you intend to work on a fix, and when that will be available? (Provide a month or quarter)
4) If you do not intend to work on a fix, or do not have any idea when you intend to,  please say so.
I am sure your highly professional team will know exactly what they are working on now, and what they plan to work on in the near future, so answering these questions should be really very easy and  will provide me and others who have the same problem valuable information that will allow us to decide whether to persist with Fitbit or to buy something else.
If however you cannot answer the questions, that would be an answer in itself I suppose.
Regards
Best Answer

And the (non) answer...it seems in the Fitbit organisation, telling customer support you have a problem is not useful, as the product development team get their feedback elsewhere.

3:31 PM (2 hours ago)

to me
 Hi K,
We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features), which our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback.

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps.
Thank you so much for your feedback and for participating in our community!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why oh why, is it so difficult for this company to provide clear answers. 

So, so, so frustrating; the equivalent of talking to a brick wall. The company has some extraordinary serious problems with communications. 

They either have to do something about it or they will start losing everyone. I for one would not buy another product from this company as good as it a may be, when I know so clearly that the support can be so miserable, misguided and frankly non-existent. 

Best Answer

Diomidis et al...

I too am a bit frustrated (but to be honest, quite amused too) with the answers from the Fitbit Customer "support".  For what it's worth, this is what I am thinking of doing.

1) Buying a Lenovo HW01, which costs less than 30 bucks and does everything the Charge 2 does, hopefully though with better integration to my phone.  And with better notifications than the Charge 2 btw.

2) Exporting my Fitbit data to Nokia Health

3) Linking that Nokia Health account with Google Fit, which the Lenovo talks to.

4) (The reason for this is that I want to keep my Fitbit historical data and while Fitbit allows you to export, there does not seem to be any easy way to import directly into Google Fit.)

5) Then switching to using the Lenovo and seeing how it performs.

7) If it works OK, then sell my charge 2 on ebay...looks like I should get at least 60-80 bucks for it.

🙂

My feeling is that Fitbit will find it increasingly difficult to compete when all the Chinese (including Huawei btw, check out the Honor Band 3) are coming out with low cost trackers, 30 - 50 dollars that do everything the lower end Fitbit trackers do, sometimes better.  With google fit in the game these companies can just be hardware providers and not worry about the software.  The only way is for Fitbit to offer a superior product with superior service.  And we can see how well that's going can't we?

Best Answer

Why are you all still complaining? The last app update fixed it and my Honor 6X sync now. 

Thank you fitbit. 

For those other people. Clear app data, restart phone, make sure BT is on and sync. If it doesn't work, sync with Windows app first, it's faster and then try the fitbit mobile app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wish it was true louie1487 

Just tried it. Does not work. 

Also I checked the fitbit supported devices list. The 6x still does not appear there. And there is no one at fitbit I could ask for support, help, guidance or updates....And THAT is why we keep complaining. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately louie1487 solution does not work for me either.  Here is the latest mail from customer service.  It's like that Fawlty Towers sketch...I know Nothing!...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6EaoPMANQM.  Never mind, I will go ahead with another solution and we will see when Fitbit supports the 6X.  Louie is right, no point complaining because nothing comes from it.

https://contact.fitbit.com
6:42 AM (3 hours ago)

to me
Hi Kamesam,
Regarding to your question we don't have information if our engineers team is working in make compatible the Honor 6X and  we do not have an estimated time for when our engineers are going to make compatible this device with our Fitbit app, however, our development team are continuously adding new devices to the list of compatible devices,  so we suggest continuously check our list of compatible devices at fitbit.com/devices.

Let us know if you have any additional questions and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Sincerely,

Michael E and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issues with my honor6x not being able to pair with my charge2, even though with my previous phone (nexus 5x) it worked without issues. After countless hours i simply gave up trying to figure it out and put out another $25 and ended up purchasing the dongle. I used it with my laptop and was able to register my charge2 to my account. Once i did that and then put the app on my phone, my honor6x connected to it without a problem. WTF? I figure like someone said previously here in the forum that they changed the chipset with the honor6x and most likely the code also needs to be fixed which is most likely preventing the app and the phone from properly pairing with the fitbit (just a SWAG here folks). So i put out the cash and bought the dongle on a hunch and what do you know...it worked!

My best SWAG here is that I figure that when you go through the pairing sequence using the dongle and laptop, the encrypted key is stored in your online profile. So the app on the phone pulls it down from your profile and uses it to talk to the fitbit.

Take this for what it's worth....

update... I am completely wrong 😞 Thinking i had found a way to make it work and just realized from my sync times that my fitbit was syncing to my laptop and dongle (which i carry around with me), and not my app on my phone. So a bunch more wasted hours on this, plus $25 wasted. Well, not really wasted as i am at least syncing data now....

Best Answer
0 Votes

It still doesn't work and this is so annoying. it's 14th July 2017 yet no solution.

Best Answer