Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair my Charge 2 with the Honor 6X

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have purchase a new phone honor 6X because my charge 2 would not pair with my old phone, but now I am having the same problem, not pairing with my honor 6x phone. Can someone help in giving me ideas on what to do.

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

So, obviously fitbit is not interested to help here...

Simple solution: I won't buy anything from them anymore, and won't recommend this company to anybody who is interested in working hardware...

Best Answer

I've given up waiting for fitbit and purchased an alternative fitness tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm thinking of doing the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let your vote and voice be heard here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All,

Just to share (and bear in mind I am no great fan of Fitbit customer support!)

I don't think this is all on Fitbit.  I have a few other bluetooth devices that worked perfectly with my Huawei P8, and either work sporadically or not at all with the 6X.  There seems to be some inherent funkiness with the bluetooth on the 6X that requires special treatment.

Having said that, I am giving the Fitbit a rest and using a Miband 2 while they sort this out. Notifications work almost perfectly, and the sync is far more robust (though not 100% perfect).  

So there is a solution to this problem if Fitbit was willing to work on it.  I really wish they would.  The Miband is OK, but the imho the Charge 2 is by far the superior device in terms of the presentation of info in the app, the heartbeat sensor and accuracy of steps.  But as notifications are important to me, I guess I will suspend use of the Charge 2 till the bluetooth woes are resolved.  Plan B by the way is to give my 6X to my son and get something else that plays better...that's a bit extreme I know, but as I said, it is not just the Charge 2 that has bluetooth problems with the 6X.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone on this thread should try and vote on this page:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Enable-sync-on-the-Honor-6x/idi-p/1819494

Right now there are only 6 votes.

Best Answer

Done!  Though little evidence looking at that page that anyone from Fitbit is looking at it...I live in hope!

Best Answer

Mine is actually working right now! Maybe I'm The only lucky one or I'm going crazy, but it is working! I have only seen it work when I'm on WiFi for some reason but I can get text message alerts and call alerts and all the lot. Is anyone else having luck? By the way mine wasn't working until Friday and then it was updating every once in a while but I couldn't get messages and stuff. But now I can get that and it is updating/syncing constantly. As long as I'm on WiFi and not just 4GLTE

Best Answer

Mine still doesn't works 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still on the hook. No luck, waiting for an update from the community.

Best Answer

Here's what my notification settings are. I made sure to have the Fitbit widget always active... I don't know if that has helped with the stability or anything. But I have been getting text and call notifications for the past few days on and off of WiFi.

Screenshot_20170822-120025.pngScreenshot_20170822-115933.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's a text that I got from my wife that showed up just a bit agoIMG_20170822_120723.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems that you are using anche older firmware versione. I don't know if
that could be the cause.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, 

still not working, still no update from company. What else is new? 

Such a shame, looks like this company does not invest in customer care. That will be their downfall. 

Colleagues have asked me about fitbit but cannot in good conscience recommend when I know it could fail them so quickly and that the support and updates will be non-existent. 

Sorry fitbit, you have failed miserably in the customer relations, updates, care department. 

Best Answer

Hey everyone.  It is strange, but try this:

Remove your existing paired device from your Fitbit app

Reinstall Fitbit app

Place your Charge 2 at least 10 feet from your Honor 6x (I had to go like 25 feet away to get it to work, but my wife's was closer)

Try to add your Charge 2 as a device

If the Honor 6x finds your Charge 2 and you get a pairing ID, keep the phone at least 10 feet from your Charge 2 and type in the pairing code to the Honor 6x

Let it go for a while.  It may take a longer time than usual to complete the pairing

This worked for me and my wife for some reason.  

Best Answer

Imho there is an issue with the way that Bluetooth works on the honor6x

Best Answer

Last message incomplete...imho the bluetooth module of the 6x works a bit differently from others, and the Fitbit team have to figure out what the difference is to make it work.  How easy that is to do, don't know.  What I can say is that I changed from the 6X to the Motorola G5+ which is very similar in terms of price and features, and it works perfectly...the Moto is much more stock Android than the 6X.

When I was using the 6X the bluetooth contact was intermittent and sporadic, worked sometimes and then stopped working altogether for days.  Maybe that's why some people have it working and others do not.

Small consolation for those using the 6x I know...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  am having the same frustrating problem.  Please find a solution ASAP 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 is also having the same issue. I got this tracker as a gift. I am using Honor 6x for the last few months and really dont want want to change it for this tracker. Waiting for the help from fitbit team.! There will be thousands of customers with the same issue as honor 6x is a very popular model from Huawei. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Avaneeth,

Please go over and vote for this here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Honor-6x-Compatibility/idi-p/1819494

It doesn't seem to be helping, but it can't hurt.

Best Answer
0 Votes