Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair my Charge 2 with the Honor 6X

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have purchase a new phone honor 6X because my charge 2 would not pair with my old phone, but now I am having the same problem, not pairing with my honor 6x phone. Can someone help in giving me ideas on what to do.

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78
Try the fix I posted.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So...I'm having the same issues discussed here 10 months ago with the new Ionic.

From reading this thread sounds like I should just box it back up and return it. 

Still no support for the Honor 6x?

Can we at least know what makes supporting this device more difficult than supporting the 5x? Is it the bluetooth version? 

Best Answer

Great! Distance is the key to making it work with honor6x, not less than 3 meters between fitbit charge2 and honor6x when you want to pair and / or synchronize data

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich, not sure where pairing comes in? New bluetooth devices need to pair with the phone before they can sync. It's the first thing you do with a bluetooth device. People who are asking for help are usually frustrated and poorly thought out and responses like yours don't help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich, all of your posts on this subject sound annoyed with the customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dlanfear the Fitbit tracker is a Bluetooth low energy device, the app does the pairing, not the user. 

If the user manualy connects the tracker to the phone through the phones bluetooth settings the app will not be able to see the tracker. 

I have setup 11 diferentditrackers to my Fitbit account and another dozen for family and friends .Never once have I gone intiithe phones Bluetooth menu. 

I sometimes log out of Fitbit create an account for a friend .Connect their fitbit to their account through my phone. The tracker updates and syncs. I log out and hand them the tracker. They login to their account through the fitbit app on their phone and the tracker syncs. They also never went to the Bluetooth settings. 

Maybe a post of mine has annoyed some but it simply would be because people refuse to read their user manual or use the setup instructions in the help site. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich,

I'm not sure how this comment of yours applies to the Honor 6X which is the subject of this thread.  I did read my user manual and was able to get my Fitbit to easily work on my older Nexus phone using the app.  When I bought my Honor 6X I went through the same process and it did not work.

Has the problem on this thread been misunderstood this entire time and none of us even knew that?  I still see that the Honor 6X is not listed as a supported device.  Are there any plans to ever support it?  Or does the company think that it is supported but just doesn't list it?  I haven't seen any clear answers to these questions which were asked previously.

The response on this thread has taken so long that I gave up and I now have a Garmin watch which also works through an app, and actually works with the Honor 6X.  Even though I have given up I would imagine there are still others who are still waiting for a response to this thread that does not assume that the users are the ones at fault.

Thanks,

Howard

Best Answer

That's great Rich, but nonetheless, the phone/app- fitbit needs to pair before it can sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the problem is that this phone has been out for some time, and the people on this forum don't understand why after a year and a half, this phone has not been added to Fitbit's supported devices.  40 million of these phones have been sold, and your excuse of - "Our software engineers haven't been able to test compatability", is not doing it for the community.  It's obvious that testing is not the problem.  The problem is that the phones don't sync to the Charge 2.  I have been able to sync randomly at times, and then it stops, so obviously the capability is there, but unreliable.  People want to understand why Fitbit can't work through these problems. 

The people on this forum don't want to hear that it's not a supported device, and that's why it isn't working.  We understand that.  Either give us a timeline for getting this device supported, or tell us that it's not going to be supported so that we can make a decision. 

Best Answer

Wish I'd have seen this before I bought the charge 2 yesterday. I have the 6x too and it won't pair or sync at all. I had the old charge hr and after some effort it eventually paired and worked fine, until the back plate broke off and it wouldn't charge, hence buying the new one. I can't even return it now as I've worn it and put a screen protector on it, unless I can return as faulty? 

Gutted, loved my charge hr, never had it off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit wrote:

@242bahamas @AnilSagar I hope you're doing well! The Honor 6X isn't listed as a compatible device so I can't guarantee that it will work or work without issues. Still as a general rule you will need to have Location Services (GPS) on, give the app the proper permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) then restart the bluetooth on your phone and restart the tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

If you still can't sync or setup your device then please try it with a compatible mobile device or a Windows 10 or Mac computer with integrated bluetooth running the Fitbit software. Also remember that to sync or setup the tracker both must be done from the app like @Rich_Laue mentioned in his post.

Let me know how it goes!

We are still waiting for the Honor 6x to be added to the compatible list!

Best Answer

I would like to replace my Charger 2 with one model that does work with my Honor 6x. Do you have such model?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Accordionist45 if one model works, they all should work.

Has your phone been tested and the Fitbit app updated for the phone?

This speed not mean that it won't work, can but that your experience may vary.

The other thing would be to go to the Android board and do a search for your phone.

Some phones are known to Sunday dinner after there tracker has been connected to the account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It does not work!! I tried again and again!! Please get it back or else

Moderator edit: removed all caps and personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Accordionist45 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 isn't syncing with your phone. What have you tried to fix this issue? You can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. Also @Rich_Laue mentioned a really good tip about looking for your phone on the Android board. Usually users share what they do to fix their issue.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. Fitbit products are not foolproof and reliable. I would like to get my money back since they my Honor 6X can not be synchronized.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

@Accordionist45 thank you for your update. If you wish to request a refund you will need to contact the original retailers. If you purchased this from Fitbit then you can check the warranty to see the directions and policies for refund.

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its around 2 years since I first commented on this and after many dialogues with the support teams I got nowhere.  However, I have just checked out the supported devices link and the Honor 6X is now included on the list, this is the link: Android supported devices

My charge 2 still isn't synching, but I'm now going to spend a bit more time trying.  If anyone succeeds please do let me know how.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought it through Amazon

Best Answer
0 Votes