Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't re setup Charge 2 on account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

One last try to get this Charge 2 working so Im looking here for help.

I got a new phone (Android) and wanted to get my fitbit off the old ipad and start using the phone.

The app is also ised by my wife so I selected 'Forget this device' on the ipad.

Now I realise this affected the app on my phone, no problem just re-add? Wrong.

Steps taken to resync (many, many times...)

Restart fitbit;

Restart app;

Restart phone;

Hard reset Fitbit;

Remove App;

Restart phone;

Re-install App;

Try another device (see below);

Crazy thing is using a friends fitbit app, I can see and connect to my fitbit (I go as far as getting the bluetooth PIN on the fitbit face before cancelling'

So this proves the fitbit is still good.

I imagine by 'forgetting' the fitbit, the app adds the fitbit to a blacklist and probably syncs this with your online profile. It appears this is not reset when you remove the app (hence my profile theory) All attempts from here have not worked. Nine months of data are no longer accessible.

Can anyone shed any light on this flaw in the software. I have read many threads where this is causing a problem. Can I suggest an 'unforget device' option in the software? That would sort it.

MTIA. Andy.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Andeebee Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! 

Let me help you setting up your Charge 2 and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. There isn't any block on your account and you should be able to setup your tracker again on it. As you mentioned you got the prompt on a friends account. Most importantly which phone are you using? Is it compatible? You can try the following: 

• Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  • Restart your phone and restart your device
  • Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. 
  • You can find additional suggestions here.

If the issue persist try using your friends phone but log into your account there. Setup the tracker and try to use your own phone just to sync it.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes