Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove Charge 2 wristband

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Charge 2 for several months and change my wristband several times a week.  Recently I have had trouble removing the bands (both sides).  I have even resorted to using needle nose pliers to assist since I have long nails.  Now I can't get one side off even using the pliers.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

After looking at the Charge 2 itself, I found that on the side where the band attaches the little square had rough edges on the bottom.  I spoke with Customer Service and sent them a picture.  They are replacing it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@BarbDayton Thanks for joining us! This shouldn't be happening, is this the original wristband that came with your tracker or a third party one? Have you noticed any damage in the area that latches to the tracker? I suggest you use a screwdriver to help remove the wristband. If the issue persist please share a picture of the wristband and the area that is giving this issues, you can also Contact Support if it is the original wristband or contact the vendor if it is a third party one.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know how to attach a photo to this message but looking at the fitbit itself, it appears that the little "square" on the tracker is rough and that could be why the strap won't detach. (I did get the strap off).  I am going to contact Customer Service.

Best Answer

After looking at the Charge 2 itself, I found that on the side where the band attaches the little square had rough edges on the bottom.  I spoke with Customer Service and sent them a picture.  They are replacing it.

Best Answer

@BarbDayton Happy to hear that support is sending you a replacement and thank you for letting us know what you did when talking to them (sending pictures) as this may help other members in the same situation.

I'll be around!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed directions and cannot get the wrist bands off to change for new ones I ordered.  Does anyone have a diagram?  I need help, please!

Best Answer

@anita-marie Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! Are you trying to remove the original wristbands or a third party ones? To remove the wristbands please do the following:

• Turn over your Charge 2 and locate the two band latches—there’s one on each end where the band meets the frame.
  • To release a latch, press down on the flat metal button on the strap.
    User-added image
  • Slide the band up to release it from the tracker.
    User-added image
  • Remove the band on the other side. If you’re having trouble or if it feels stuck, gently move the band back and forth to release it.
  • To attach a band, just slide it down on the end of the tracker until you feel it snap into place, then repeat on the other side.
    User-added image

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
It worked...thank you. Had to wiggle it some to get it to release. I
think I was tugging the wrong direction! Haha
Best Answer

@anita-marie glad to hear that you were able to remove your Charge 2 wristband. Hopefully you can now personalize it wearing the one you most like or for the appropriate occasion.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had problems with one side of the wristband from day one. I detatched the straps to put on a cover over the face to protect it from scratching but one side wouldn't come off without a lot of difficulty. Now I can't get the one side off at all.  Somewhere above it suggested removing it with a screwdriver.  How do I do this?  Pry it off?  This is very annoying.

Best Answer

@redgate A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear that you can't remove the wristband from your tracker. You can try using a screwdriver to apply some force to the metal tab on the wristband but don't need to force or break it (check the image for reference). Also is this the original wristband that came with your tracker? How does the protector affected the connection between the tracker and the wristband?

User-added image

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got it...thank you!
Best Answer

Hie, my Charge 2 band has become loose on one side, how can i get this fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I'm getting trouble in removing my fitbit charge 2 strap it's not removing very easily it's very hard to remove any suggestions

Best Answer
0 Votes