Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't scroll on Charge 3 screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Touch control to scroll face not working!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86

My screen froze this morning and wouldn’t scroll, and I don’t have my charging cord with me, so couldn’t use that to reset it, but I saw your comment about switching watch faces, and tried that from the Fitbit app on my phone, and it worked! Thanks for posting that!

Best Answer

So glad it worked for you! Enjoy your day😊

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still working thx’s again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  I just set up my charge 3 yesterday afternoon/evening.  Things were working well yesterday, but it must have gotten messed up overnight.  I can no longer scroll or tap to change displayed stats.  When I hold the side button, I get to a screen that has Screen Wake and Notifications on it, but I can't interact with that screen at all.  I have done both the short reset and long reset multiple times, as well as switching the clock face multiple times.

Best Answer

It sounds like you need to get a refund. It has always worked for me when I do a hard set of 15 seconds followed by a clock face change. Fitbit should be ashamed for selling something that needs so much work. I hope you figure this out. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. My fitbit vibrated when I was out to let me know I'd hit the 10000 steps but the screen wouldn't scroll. When I got home I synced it with my phone and tried charging it. It vibrated when connected to the charger but still wouldn't show anything but the main screen on the displayed. I'll try the suggestions but I've only had it since christmas so a new device shouldn't be having issues.

Best Answer

I agree, something that is only a couple of months old should not be having the issues that these charge 3s are having. Do a hard set then change the clock face to any one-you can always change the clock face back to the one you like after. Hope it works. 

Best Answer

I had the same issue with not being able to scroll. I tried this fix, and it worked, but now I can't sync to my phone. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m really sorry to hear that. I have no solution to your problem because I’ve not run into that. Try turning the all day sync toggle to on or off depending on what you have it on currently.  I’m only guessing at possible solutions. I know on other apps that have given me problems switching the toggle button has helped. 🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a live chat yesterday.  I had to send in a video to show my fitbit was not working correctly.  My ticket was supposedly escalated, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

In case someone from fitbit sees this: Syncing, phone notifications and tracking still continue to work.  Tapping turns the screen on, but tapping doesn't scroll through the stats, and swiping doesn't work at all.

Live chat link: https://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Best Answer

Okay, since I am away from my charger at home I tried the suggestion of changing the clock face to unfreeze my Charge 3. That worked. I don't like that this happens, but at least I have a fix on the go.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you putting on charger worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, this is happening right now, but I cant reset because my charger is at home. I don't normally carry it. I just got this for Christmas, this is the 2nd issue I have had.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just go to your phone app and change the watch face. That will fix it. You can immediately change the face back to your desired setting.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same problem - can only get the time screen.  I have had this Fitbit Charge 3 for about 2 months and it is my third one since beginning of January.

Best Answer
0 Votes
One of the ways to fix this is to reset the charge 3. Bus another way that
I learned about via this community was to just us the fitbit app on your
phone and change the watch face. You can change it right back to the one
that froze if you like. I just tried this the other day. Instead of the
face freezing it blanked out entirely just before I was to start my workout
at the gym so no charging cable with me. At first, I thought I had let the
battery run down but when I checked the battery status on the phone app, I
could see that that wasn't the case. So I just switched the clock face via
the app on phone and voila the display came back on.

Hopefully, you're is as easily remedied.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for response. I followed the instructions to restart and finally got everything back, but the time was out by four hours, but once I sinced it with my phone this morning, the time corrected itself and everything is good.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this worked...

Best Answer

Exactly!  I’d say there is a design flaw for sure!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Theresared716@Pentricia, and @KarinP, it's great to see you around. @Sheila_D, @Orchardmudtwin and @Ilovestbernards, welcome on board! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Charge 3 devices and I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

@Sheila_D@Pentricia@KarinP and @Orchardmudtwin , I'm glad to hear that your devices are back on track after trying the restart and changing the clock faces. You did an amazing job, and thanks for the tip!

@Theresared716, could you please confirm whether you have tried restarting your device and changing the clock face?

@Ilovestbernards I understand your position and appreciate your feedback towards the Charge 3. This device was designed to motivate you towards your daily activities and while it should continue working, let me know if you face this situation again so I can give you a hand and bring a solution for you.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes