Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up my new Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a Fitbit as a gift, have been trying to setup for hours. My account shows it’s added, but the Fitbit itself keeps setup flash. The button to restart not working. I tried to remove the device several times, but still not working. Very annoying 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Laoge , unfortunately there is no longer any such thing as a “new” Charge 2 as this device was discontinued quite a long time ago.  Even if it is new and in the box it will actually have been manufactured several years ago and that will mean that its battery has been in a deeply discharged state for most of that time - something that will definitely deteriorate or even completely destroy the battery.  Unfortunately, if you are not able to give your device a restart, it is likely that you will not get it working.

Having said all that, as the Charge 2 is showing on your app the screen must have activated long enough to give you the 4 digit set up code.  What happens if you put it on and go for a walk?  Are you able to sync the Charge 2 and have the steps show up in the app?  Sometimes the screen will fail on an older device, but it will still continue to collect information.  Obviously that is not ideal, but it may be the best you can manage…

I am sorry not to have better news for you, but welcome to the Community Forums nonetheless.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @Laoge , unfortunately there is no longer any such thing as a “new” Charge 2 as this device was discontinued quite a long time ago.  Even if it is new and in the box it will actually have been manufactured several years ago and that will mean that its battery has been in a deeply discharged state for most of that time - something that will definitely deteriorate or even completely destroy the battery.  Unfortunately, if you are not able to give your device a restart, it is likely that you will not get it working.

Having said all that, as the Charge 2 is showing on your app the screen must have activated long enough to give you the 4 digit set up code.  What happens if you put it on and go for a walk?  Are you able to sync the Charge 2 and have the steps show up in the app?  Sometimes the screen will fail on an older device, but it will still continue to collect information.  Obviously that is not ideal, but it may be the best you can manage…

I am sorry not to have better news for you, but welcome to the Community Forums nonetheless.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer