Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't share pictures & steps not accurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whenever I try & share a picture from my photo gallery, fitbit will only take me to bitmoji not my pictures. Does anyone know how to redirect fitbit to my gallery?

Which leads me onto my next issue...

Yesterday's steps on 2 different screens are not the same, see attachments. 

I've reset phone & synced 3 times. Says over 46k for yesterdaySays over 46k for yesterday

Says 45.5k for yesterdaySays 45.5k for yesterday

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Thanks for stopping by @Variola! Hmmm.... that's very strange my friend, thanks for sharing the pictures! Robot wink

For both inconveniences, I'd recommend doing the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date. Android app should be on 2.73 and iOS on 2.52 as of today
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your tracker 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Go back to your Fitbit app and see if the steps match now. And for the picture you want to share:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard:
    • To share an accomplishment, tap or click the tile that contains the accomplishment you'd like to share.
    • To share badges and trophies, tap or click the Account icon, and then tap or click your name.
  2. Tap or click the activity, logged record, or achievement you want to share. You’ll see the details for that accomplishment.
  3. Tap or click the share icon:
    iOS 
    User-added image Android  User-added image WindowsUser-added image
  4. Some accomplishments have multiple background options to choose from. If available, you can choose a background, take a new photo, or select a photo from your library.
  5. Tap or click Share.
  6. Compose your message and tap or click Next or the arrow icon.
  7. Choose a group on the Fitbit community where you want to share the post. To choose a different sharing method, tap or click the option to share the post outside of Fitbit.

Also, in regards to the steps I was wondering if by any chance you have been manually logging activities? Typically, your steps will be recalculated if you manually log an activity as the manually logged activity takes precedence over the steps you tracked while wearing your tracker at that point in time. For example, if I am wearing my tracker and walking and I reach 10,000 steps, then I go to the computer and manually log an activity that starts and ends at that point in time for say 1 hour, Fitbit will calculate how many steps you took and it may bring my step count to something below 10,000 steps. To clarify, activities should only be manually logged when you forget to wear your Fitbit.

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have an Android and Fitbit app is currently updated to version 2.74

Previously, I could share my results attaching a photo. This past week, I haven't been able to. When I press the camera button to attempt to select/capture a photo, Fitbit temporarily hangs, then auto closes.

I have restarted my tracker, logged out of Fitbit, restarted my phone, turned Bluetooth on, and logged back in. Still the issue persists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Lil-Missy! Thanks for already trying those steps in order to sort this out, nice way to go! 

This sounds very strange to me, I haven't had any issues so far. Let's try the following step-by-step even if most of them have been already attempted by yourself:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is updated to version 2.74.2
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your tracker
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Trying sharing your accomplishments again in the way you use to. If the app is still crashing, if you're running the latest version of the Android OS, go to your Settings and tap Apps.  Choose the Fitbit App from the list and then tap the Clear cache button on the resulting info page.

Following this, launch the app and log back in, if you still have trouble, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thanks for your response, @MarreFitbit!

I have followed the instructions again, step by step. Here are all the steps I have taken so far with my Samsung A8+ mobile phone and Fitbit app:

1. Checked Fitbit app - it is updated to version 2.74.2
2. Forced quit the app
3. Restarted my tracker
4. Turned off Bluetooth
5. Shut off my phone and turned it on after 1-2 minutes
6. Turned on Bluetooth
7. Logged back into my Fitbit app

After trying these steps, I'm still having the same issue. So then what I did was:

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Same issue persists.

I tried using another mobile phone that has my Fitbit app installed, Samsung J5, and I can share my results using the camera function on this phone. After that, I logged out of the Fitbit app on this phone.

I went back to my Samsung A8+ and uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app again. Then, I logged in again.

Still same issue. :((

Please help.

Best Answer

Hi there,

I still can't figure out what's wrong and how to rectify it. I still can't share my results with a photo. Could someone please help me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar issue on my BlackBerry Key2, I can't share pictures! Once I select the camera icon in the Fitbit app, it redirects to the community feed page. Hope Fitbit can fix this, it's clearly a bug that's affecting some phones. I'm on android 8.1 oreo

Best Answer

I have the same problem even today on a BlackBerry KEY2 LE. This is a widespread issue, I'm surprised Fitbit hasn't fixed it yet .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue. So frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue with trying to share a picture with my post. Contacted fitbit customer service a number of time and still not fixed. Very upsetting 

Best Answer
0 Votes