Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't wear Fitbit because of skunk smell saturation

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know, disgusting.  My HR band is saturated in skunk smell from a spray near our house.  I've tried to clean, deodorize, etc. using recommended methods to no avail!  I can't wear it!  If I could just replace the band, no problem, I'd do it, but no dice.  Recommendation/s from Fitbit company?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi

Feel free to contact the Fitbit Support Team: India | United Kingdom | United States

Optionally check out Returns & Warranty before contacting support.

Mention what you've already tried to speed things up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought my Fitbit was beyond help after my dog got skunked last week. We used David with Skunkmasters to de-skunk our house and he took it as a personal challenge to get my Fitbit smelling back to normal. He did it! It has no trace of the skunk smell that had me worrying I was going to have to buy another one. I told him how many people this was happening to, and he said to put his name out there and he could work with people to deskunk their Fitbits. Check him out and contact him through his website http://www.skunkmasters.com/ 

Best Answer
Thanks for your reply. I finally got rid of it by using Thieves Essential Oils Cleaner concentrate from Young Living. We also used a product called Skunk-Off that also helped in de-stinking around the house. I was really worried I'd be stuck with a stinky Fitbit, as the recommended cleaner wasn't strong enough.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's good that the community is growing @Finlaymama and @cherpal! Thanks for sharing your tips for this issue. This can help other users that may encounter with a skunk. 

If you continue having an issue with the band, please get in touch with Support as suggested by @SunsetRunner. I'm sure that they can help further with this. Just remember to let them know the troubleshooting steps you already took and to double check our product care and wear before contacting them. 

I hope to see you around more often! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

did you just rub this oil on it?  I tried tea tree oil and mine still stinks. Please help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes