Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the brightness be adjusted on Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know if the Charge 3 is going to have that annoying bright green screen at night? Or if there's going to be a facility for turning it off? Does the Versa have the same feature?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @freccle, it's nice to have a new member around! Man Wink On Charge 3, you can manage basic settings including brightness, heart rate, and button sensitivity directly on your tracker. Open the Settings app and tap a setting to adjust it. Swipe up to see the full list of settings. 

auto.png

If you want to get more information about the basic settings of Charge 3, check here (page 16-20) to see the manual. 

Thanks for your support guys @JohnnyRow and @SunsetRunner! 

If there's any questions present, let us know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

The Versa screen is not as bright and can be controlled by choosing different clock faces. Some are brighter than others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In addition to the info from @SunsetRunner, I think I read somewhere that it has a light sensor to adjust to ambient brightness.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Do you know about the Charge 3 because the light on the 2 is a right pain. It's bright enough to use as a night light and comes on every time I **ahem** well tun over

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @freccle, it's nice to have a new member around! Man Wink On Charge 3, you can manage basic settings including brightness, heart rate, and button sensitivity directly on your tracker. Open the Settings app and tap a setting to adjust it. Swipe up to see the full list of settings. 

auto.png

If you want to get more information about the basic settings of Charge 3, check here (page 16-20) to see the manual. 

Thanks for your support guys @JohnnyRow and @SunsetRunner! 

If there's any questions present, let us know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have just read the user manual and the brightness does seem to be adjustable 

Best Answer

@Cookie704 wrote:

I have just read the user manual and the brightness does seem to be adjustable 

I have the actual product and has just started using it - the screen brightness is adjustable through three presets - Auto (default), Low and Standard.

Best Answer

How have you got it already?!! I was one of the first people to preorder, I don’t understand how this all works smh

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cookie704 wrote:

How have you got it already?!! I was one of the first people to preorder, I don’t understand how this all works smh

It's really not fair, but my local retailer did a massive no-no and sold them before the restricted date to the people that had preorders in at their store.

This was almost certainly a mistake but it was ultimately not revokable.

So hey - I get to be one of the lucky first ever end-consumer users 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m so jealous!!! I’ve just contacted support and they said it will be shipped within 2 weeks... imprecise as usual 😒 when I first ordered it said it would be with me early October but now I think it’ll be more like mid to late October so I feel a little cheated 😞 I don’t understand why they have had it on preorder for so long, especially you don’t get any benefits from doing so and clearly they aren’t even the first people to release it!!! Urgh I just want it now!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cookie704 wrote:

I’m so jealous!!! I’ve just contacted support and they said it will be shipped within 2 weeks... imprecise as usual 😒 when I first ordered it said it would be with me early October but now I think it’ll be more like mid to late October so I feel a little cheated 😞 I don’t understand why they have had it on preorder for so long, especially you don’t get any benefits from doing so and clearly they aren’t even the first people to release it!!! Urgh I just want it now!!!

Two WEEKS?! But why?

They're basically just sitting on them right now, if they can send them out to retailers on the other side of the atlantic then they should be able to ship them to pre-order consumers as well.

I feel for you, I really do!

I was agitated over the app not supporting the unit the first day, but I am clearly very lucky after all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know!!! I don’t understand it either. Starting to wish I had preordered from amazon or something... I was debating cancelling my one from Fitbit and ordering from amazon but I wasn’t sure if it was first come first served and if it was then I’d be waiting even longer ;(
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anybody know if you can read the display under the brigthing Sun? I mean, if you are running outdoor, do you need to cover the display with your hand in order to make an small shadow?, or it is not necessary because the display is powerfull...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JaviCarra wrote:

Does anybody know if you can read the display under the brigthing Sun? I mean, if you are running outdoor, do you need to cover the display with your hand in order to make an small shadow?, or it is not necessary because the display is powerfull...

Living close to the arctic circle in October unfortunately means it’s quite dark outside. But I had no issues when I out for lunch, and the sun was out by that time of day. Swedish sun mind you, so it’s not comparable with for example southern US. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cerberus wrote:

Living close to the arctic circle in October unfortunately means it’s quite dark outside. But I had no issues when I out for lunch, and the sun was out by that time of day. Swedish sun mind you, so it’s not comparable with for example southern US. 

Ok thanks a lot bu I wait for another Sun type jejejeje, I live in the South of Spain and our Sun is so powerful, my Charge 2 seems to have no display at the outdoors.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cookie704 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for posting the experience you are currently having with your Charge 3 pre-order. Also, yes, the brightness is adjustable. 

We expect to ship these orders in early October 2018. Note that pre-orders of Charge 3 special edition will ship in November. When you pre-order Charge 3, your credit card will be charged when the device ships. 

@Cerberus Thanks for sharing your help and experience on this thread regarding the Charge 3 brightness adjustment feature. It is very helpful for other users.

@JaviCarra Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for posting your inquiry regarding the brightness of the Charge 3 under bright sun. I believe it should work properly as there are three different adjustments. However, you can stay tuned on the forums to check other user's experiences.

You can also create a new thread asking this so you can have more answers. 

If interested, there is a Spanish Community as well in which you can post your questions. There are a lot of Spanish users there that can help you out with the "right sun type" questions. Smiley Very Happy

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I see you stated you have the actual product.  Are there different clock faces to chose from?  I read through the entire manual and there is nothing about clock faces in there.  Any info on what the different clock faces look like would be helpful.  

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JonDavidL wrote:

Hi. I see you stated you have the actual product.  Are there different clock faces to chose from?  I read through the entire manual and there is nothing about clock faces in there.  Any info on what the different clock faces look like would be helpful.  

Thanks

Hi. Yes, there are a total of five to choose from. All are equally crisp but my favourite so far is actually the default face. 8DA26829-4239-4730-A7CC-89FE4B9F8058.png

Best Answer

@JonDavidL I hope you're doing well! Thanks for posting your inquiry about clock faces. Thanks for reporting the manual situation; I answered to your other post here on how to change them.

I'm glad you were able to find some help on this thread regarding the different clock faces available for Charge 3. 

@Cerberus I hope you're also doing well! Thanks for taking the time to help out with this inquiry. Thanks for sharing the screen shot. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cerberus wrote:

@JonDavidL wrote:

Thanks

Hi. Yes, there are a total of five to choose from. All are equally crisp but my favourite so far is actually the default face. 8DA26829-4239-4730-A7CC-89FE4B9F8058.png

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes