Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the brightness be adjusted on Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know if the Charge 3 is going to have that annoying bright green screen at night? Or if there's going to be a facility for turning it off? Does the Versa have the same feature?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

I do not have screen timeout in my settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Unojohn and @Tremblay! At this time, the screen timeout is not available which is why it was removed from the user manual. If that changes we will make sure to update your existing Feature Suggestion and any Community threads asking for this feature. 

I appreciate your feedback and will make sure to keep everyone informed if anything changes. Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks for jumping in here @Kiddo65 and @skkris! I'm glad to hear you were able to find the Screen Brigtness settings after following @Heather-S and @KAF454 recommendations. 

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Greetings,

I went to my settings to change the brightness but it doesn't allow me to tap on "brightness" to change. It's basically just telling me that it is on "auto".

Help!  It's too dim!

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you lightly tap on auto it will change from dim then normal then back to
auto.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why don’t I see this on my charge three ? I am finding it low light outside I can’t see what time it is !!! And it’s not picking up when I flip my wrist - frustrating 

Best Answer
While you are inside...tap fitbit to see the time then swipe left til you
see settings. At settings it will show brightness, tap on brightness til
you see normal or auto
Best Answer
0 Votes
Darn, I was hoping there was a stay on button- I primarily use it as a
watch! And half the time I go to look at the time and it doesn’t work and I
am trying to tap it 3-4 times and it’s really inconvenient
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
You can keep the normal setting. That way it will stay the same day and
night. The settings available are. Normal. - dim and auto. Hope this
helps
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I am wondering if the watch can always stay on instead of this 2
seconds screen business like my previous charge hr
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry that I dont know
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine doesn't have the screen timeout option and goes off after a second or two whilst I'm trying to use itIMG_20190307_132709.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @nicoleburrus82  and @Beanie65 (thanks for the picture provided)! The screen timeout setting isn’t available on Charge 3. We removed the incorrect image from the manual.

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

I was making some research and was able to find this idea asking for the same:

Thanks so much for helping out my friend @Kiddo65

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

where is the "settings" app located on my charge 3 tracker.  I'm trying to change the brightness setting but I can't get into settings

Best Answer

This is not a solution.  It says to open the settings app and that is what I'm looking for.  WHERE IS THE SETTINGS APP LOCATED???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@libragirl2 While on your Charge 3, swipe left three times.  You should see "Settings" under the Weather app.  Click on Settings.  Brightness is the first option.

IMG_2812.jpg

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit 3 doesn’t come brighter I have tried the settings and it doesn’t come brighter auto doesn’t work or brighteness. It used to be brighter. Need help please.......

Best Answer

There are only 2 settings Auto & Normal, both of which can not be seen in sunlight.

Best Answer

I do not see the screen time out under settings

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit 3 brightness or auto doesn’t work It use to be brighter. I have reset It twice.and done the setting for brightness still not working very low light .Thanks

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

There's not a time-out on the Charge 3. It's set to standard, which is about 4 seconds. Absolutely ridiculous setting!

Best Answer