Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the brightness be adjusted on Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know if the Charge 3 is going to have that annoying bright green screen at night? Or if there's going to be a facility for turning it off? Does the Versa have the same feature?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

@JonDavidL You are very welcome! I'm glad you found the Fitbit Community to be helpful.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

One thing I just noticed while looking at the watch faces is that none of them seem to display the date. Are the displays customize able? Meaning can I swap out the heart rate for the current date? Curious. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JonDavidL wrote:

One thing I just noticed while looking at the watch faces is that none of them seem to display the date. Are the displays customize able? Meaning can I swap out the heart rate for the current date? Curious. 

Unless I am missing something in the app, they are not customisable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JonDavidL Thanks for your reply and for sharing your inquiry on this thread. 

Clock face displays are not customizable.

@Cerberus Thanks for sharing you help on this thread. Are you able to see the date on your Charge 3?

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is there NOT a clock display showing the date???

I have it on my Charge 2 and it is the only one I use.

Will one be added??

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer

@Buzzsaw I hope you're doing well! Thanks for posting your inquiry on this thread regarding a clock face showing date.

In this case, I'd recommend creating a Feature Suggestion asking for a clock face that will show date. This way, other users can vote for that idea as well and comment to show support. The more votes, the better.

Please let me know if you create a suggestion!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just strange.... The Charge 2 has eleven different choices for clock faces...seven of which include the date. Why would a supposedly more advanced tracker have a far more limited choice of watch faces??

I don't think I will bother with a feature suggestion since I have never seen one that has actually been implemented for the Charge 2.

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer

@Buzzsaw Thanks for your reply and for sharing your feedback regarding Charge 3 clock faces. I understand there is a need to have more clock faces.

I was making some research and was able to find this Feature Suggestion:

Please feel free to vote for this suggestions and leave a comment to show support. I think this is not an impossible request.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem with this answer is that no matter what I try, I cannot get to this screen. Period. Kinda useless answer if there's no way to actually get to it!

Best Answer

@jbuck101 wrote:

The problem with this answer is that no matter what I try, I cannot get to this screen. Period. Kinda useless answer if there's no way to actually get to it!

What screen is it that you are unable to access? There has been a few different topics in this thread, sorry if I missed your question earlier on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just noticed in your image of the settings you have Screen Timout (10 seconds) however that's not available on my watch and it's not in the manual.

Please...for the love of God...is there a way to adjust the Screen Timeout? Please?????

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply but I can't find the options you mentioned. There are only 3 options in the setting. One is for the heart rate range, another one is advanced setting, the final one is to block someone. I am using the Fitbit apps. Not sure whether it is the same as the setting app that you mentioned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome here @jbuck101@Cerberus@Ohpinion8ted, and @AlfredHK! As mentioned in this thread, on Charge 3 you can manage basic settings including brightness, heart rate, and button sensitivity directly on your tracker. Open the Settings app and tap a setting to adjust it. Swipe up to see the full list of settings. 

auto.png

If you want to get more information about the basic settings of Charge 3, check here (page 16-20) to see the manual. 

Thanks for sharing your suggestion Charge 3 B&W vs Gray Scale Brightness issue. Our Feature Suggestions board is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

In regards to the Screen Timeout option, at this time it is not available which is why it was removed from the user manual. If that changes we will make sure to update this existing Feature Suggestion and any Community threads asking for this feature. 

I appreciate your feedback and will make sure to keep everyone informed if anything changes.

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will  The screen timeout be back again and available to Fitbit charge three users?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I am not getting this option to modify the brightness.  Appreciate your support

Best Answer
0 Votes

Long hold on the main screen and the display changes to “Screen Wake” and "Notifications”.

Tap Screen Wake to turn off the auto display.  The light bulb icon will gray out and show a slash across the bulb.

Notifications can be turned off the same way.

Follow the same steps to turn on those functions when you’re ready to have them on again.

Spoiler

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there an update to fitbit?  My fitbit doesn't have a place to adjust brightness. And it is to bright to wear to bed  help please. Or I will return and give up on fitbit

Best Answer

@Kiddo65 From the main screen, swipe left three times until you see "settings".  Tap settings.  Screen brightness is the very first option.  Tap this and you're offered three options: auto, dim, normal.  Select the one you want.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Thank you very much you have made my day. 

Best Answer
Thanks.. the Brightness issue is sorted out.

REgards
Best Answer
0 Votes