Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the brightness be adjusted on Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know if the Charge 3 is going to have that annoying bright green screen at night? Or if there's going to be a facility for turning it off? Does the Versa have the same feature?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

I wonder why I do not have such a setting - Screen Timeout? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My son's Charge 3 is very dim. The normal setting on his is equal to mine dim and his dim is barely visible.  How do I fix this? He also needs to frequently restart his Charge 3 because the screen goes completely black and will just vibrate when pressed. Help please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issue but no brightness , cannot see in the day! there seems a couple of fixes (reboots) but have not worked on mine!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has not worked for me any other fixes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes does not work for me cant see the watch face  during day

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem Charge 3 does not seem to have a fix for this appreciate help if you have managed to find a way?

Best Answer
0 Votes

did you get help with this . I have the same issue. very low brightness and can find the setting icon. I swim left and nothing happens

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course, I did not. 

I do not think that Fitbit is interested in any support or enhancement queries. 

This is my last fitbit device for sure. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE: I contacted customer about lack of brightness on my son's Charge 3 and after some research they said, " the developers are working to resolve this issue...it's an on going issue and there will be an update soon." They do not have a time frame for the "fix" just soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the watch and it’s features. However the display isn’t bright enough so I’ll look for another watch for my needs

Best Answer
0 Votes
I f you like the watch Do retain it and tell this to fitbit eventually they
replaced mine as the screen was unreadable eventually, they were very quick
on replacing as is their might have been a rougue batch?, good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

What if the screen on my charge 3 is so dim (nothing shows up) I cannot see the menus. Is there a way to change brightness from the mobile app? 91% charge on the battery. 

Best Answer

My charge 3 is so dim I can hardly see it even with a full charge. I have gone to settings as suggested and set it to normal and nothing changed. I even tried to restart it twice and it's still so dim in daylight I can't see it at all no matter what the setting it doesn't change any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to adjust brightness and still no good, having to use another watch so l can tell the time. Last Fitbit l will ever buy looking at a Garman now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, I know how to change the brightness, but does anyone know the combination of swipes up and left and down to get to the brightness settings screen when you can't see the screen? I seem to be having the opposite problem of everyone else. Somehow, I have turned on the "auto" setting for brightness and my screen is completely blank. I have fixed it before, but can't remember how many swipes left to get to the settings and then up to brightness.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my Charge 3 screen is totally black. I can't see anything. Time, steps, settings, etc.  Nothing.How can I change what I cannot see?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s my number one complaint with the watch. In the sun I just can not see it well if at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

The only way that I have found to fix it is to turn it off, then wait a minute or two. Then turn it back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, how do I open the settings app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hm, it looks like the available brightness settings are just dim, normal, and auto.  Even on normal and auto, it's really too dim to read.

Best Answer
0 Votes