Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the weekly progress report be re-sent?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it possible to get the weekly progress report resent?

Just wondering because I’ve just had (for me) a really busy week including 4 consecutive days over 30k steps but because I didn’t sync regularly enough the progress report is missing a couple of days.

TIA

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

@Slackjawyokel Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! Sadly the report can't be re-issued with the updated information. You can always try using a compatible mobile device to sync your tracker so it will be easier to update the data on your account. Even if your phone isn't listed you can try to sync as the list isn't exclusive and many phones that don't show there will sync with Fitbit tracker. Also on the website you can view your data by month, week, day or year or you can check the app where it shows the steps you will see the weekly total for past weeks.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

has this changed since then?

Best Answer

This is an issue for me almost every week. My charge2 stopped syncing properly so I have to manually do it now. Another option would be to request a sync every day or week or something but it won't do that either. I'd love to be able to re-generate this report.

Best Answer

This drives me crazy too. I have all-day sync on, and yet still my fitbit just stopped syncing automatically. I have to do it manually, so obviously being busy I forget to do this, and then I get a really depressing weekly report that makes me look like a couch potato because it doesn't have any information for half the days of the week! My device is only about 6 months old. 

Please make it so that we can re-send updated weekly reports after syncing. It's a bit of a frustrating waste not to be able to have this. 

Best Answer

Is there any update on this issue?

Best Answer

I don’t think so... I just stopped paying attention to the weekly update emails because they’re irrelevant as my device doesn’t sync. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

It still happens sometimes and it cannot be re-issued, which is sad.

Best Answer

@a.mna Welcome to the Community. 

Thank you for sharing your experience. I suggest you sync your tracker daily specially on Sunday evenings and Monday mornings so the Weekly report is issued with all your weeks data.

Hope this helps.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, it is kind of obvious, but the thing is you can't get the report whenever you want it. I think this is the main issue because if you forget to sync then you will not get the right report and you can't do anything about that, so the feature becomes kind of useless in that case.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

Best Answer

Now it's September of 2022 and a lot of time has passed.  Has this issue been fixed yet?  Can the WEEKLY REPORT be RE-SENT yet?

Best Answer

this answer HAS to be a joke, right? Either that or a copy-pasted answer by someone who didn’t read any of the comments in this thread.

People get busy. We're not going to be able to think about syncing our fitbits all the time and since as stated by SEVERAL people in this thread the auto sync doesn't work (for me neither, just fyi), it's absolutely ridiculous that after FOUR YEARS of people asking for this to be resolved we don't even get a real reply.

Best Answer

I'm now on a Charge5 and this is still an issue from when I posted years ago. In short, Fitbit does not want to spend the 4 hours of developer time to make this update for the community. It sucks that good products don't have good support.

Best Answer

Yep.  The code is already written because the email comes each week.  All they'd have to do is add a button on the Fitbit home page to "regenerate weekly report," and call that function.  You can log in to see your weekly progress after a successful sync, but seeing that empty email week after week due to syncing issues erodes my trust in the reliability of Fitbit's devices and software.

Best Answer
Thank you for your reply. I figured that was the case. Losing faith in
this product.
Best Answer
0 Votes