Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we turn off the Charge 3?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am thinking of upgrading my charge 2 to a charge 3, can anyone let me know if it has an on/off button. I would like to turn off when I ride a motorbike as it always counts steps and it's a pain having to delete activites etc. It would be so much easier if o could simply turn off when I ride and then turn back on when I've finished.  Thank you 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

@EdsonFitbit

I ended up exchanging my fitbit charge 3 for another because it would keep turning off then need a restart. It would function for maybe a day then turn off again. I received a new one a couple of days ago and I'm having the same problem. It randomly turns off (while on wrist), I restart it on the charger and it shows plenty of battery life. If this is user error I'm not sure what I could be doing differently. I have it paired to an iphone 6 if that matters. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Freon-Leon Thanks for the update.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your replacement Fitbit Charge 3. To provide assistance, I opened a case with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will be happy to evaluate your situation and find a resolution as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a Charge 3 at the moment, before a Charge 2. Only motorbike driving spoils everything. Is it possible to have a field driving under exercise button so the steps and hillclimbing are not counted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There’s a feature request for a driving/pause function, but it’s been open for four years and has thousands of supporters and still hasn’t materialised so don’t hold your breath. 

As a bodge you can log into your account, go to log and set that activity as Driving. Or you can use an app called Drive Bit which does this for you. Hit start and stop before/after you drive and it set so it as driving and discounts it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wietsma @LawrenceH Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community.

At the moment, if your Fitbit Charge 3 registers steps or floors while driving, you can manually log an activity to negate the extra data. For more information please visit this article. Additionally, you can either wear your Tracker on the other wrist or if you haven't done it already, set the wrist setting as non dominant. You can find this option from the online Dashboard if you go to Devices > Wrist. Please make sure you sync after making any change to your account.

Like @LawrenceH mentioned, in the Feature Suggestions board there is a suggestion called Add "Driving Mode" Feature to avoid erroneous steps/floors. You can join the suggestion and if any update is available, it will be communicated as soon as possible. If you have questions about how Fitbit decide what Feature Suggestions are released please visit this site.

Keep on stepping.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about just a pause step counting ffeature on the charge.   I logged 6000 steps on Sunday in about 45 minutes while playing the piano at church. I don't have my phone available there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bonded Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

It is not currently planned implementing a pause for the Fitbit Charge 3. For more information please visit this Feature Suggestion. If any update is available it will be communicated as soon as possible.

If you have any question, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my Charge 3.  It half-way worked for about a month, then it stopped syncing to my android and the time jumped 2 hours ahead.  I have tried everything and nothing works with it.  The Charge 2 was wonderful.  Purchased Charge 3 at a department store and no longer have the receipt or I would return it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

there is a way to reset it. But you have to call them

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@albeag Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thank you for trying to get the issue resolved before contacting us. Please make sure that your cellphone is part of the list of supported mobile devices. If so, perform a long restart which is different than the regular one, please follow these steps:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

@KWJohn Thanks for your comments.

Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is stop working what should i do

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jazzy45 Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 stopped working. Please be so kind to confirm that you have performed a restart and a long restart to your Tracker by following the troubleshooting steps provided above.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

YES

Follow this link:

https://uk.ask.com/youtube?q=switch+off+charge+3&v=ijnofRhSzaI

Plug in charger and connect to Charge 3

Hold side touch button until bar fills across screen

Disconnect from charger

To switch back on simply connect to plugged in charger.

Moderator..... please remove the comment that it cannot be switched off as people are returning it if for example they ride a motorbike. The manual deleting of steps does not alter the status of exercise more than one hour if that was the duration of your erroneous step count.

Ta

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ridiculous that Fitbit can’t answer the question of how to shutdown Fitbit charger 3 but YouTube can...

https://youtu.be/ijnofRhSzaI

This is a quick video to show you the procedure used to completely power down your Fitbit Charge 3. This is useful if you plan to store your device for an extended period of time, or maybe you have two devices and want to prevent your Charge 3 from counting steps whilst being transported in your ...
Best Answer

I can’t 

Best Answer
0 Votes