Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you read your Charge 3 in direct sunlight?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

One of my big questions is how easy can you read your Charge 3 in direct sunlight. I don’t need a watch/tracker that I need to cup my hands over to read.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
151 REPLIES 151

The brightness seems ok to me although I struggle with the small fonts used on the watchface I'm currently using when outdoors.

If this is an important point for you then I can say that the versa is much, much better in direct sunlight.

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Jaseph and @SteveH thanks for the input.

Regarding your inquiry, it's easy to see the tracker's display in direct sunlight. Keep in mind that you can always adjust the brightness of your Charge 3. Open the Settings app and tap a setting to adjust it. Swipe up to see the full list of settings.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too struggle to read the Charge 3 in even moderately bright outdoor lighting. And if I'm wearing sunglasses to guard my eyes against UV - it's nearly impossible to read the display.  The display adjustments available are not adequate to address this problem.

Best Answer

I too cannot read my Charge 3 in bright sunlight. It does not matter if the setting is on auto or normal. It seems as if the brightness is backwards...way too bright in a darkened environment and way too dim in bright sunlight. My TV is bright in daylight and dimmer when the lights are out. It seems the Charger 3 should do the same. 

Can this be fixed in an update?

Best Answer

Hi @TGilbert, it's nice to see you around and I'm sorry for the delay in my response. @CavapooMom, welcome on board!

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3 devices, as well for trying to adjust the brightness level. At this point, I'd recommend to restart your devices with the following steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end on your Charge 3 making sure the button is aligned with the opening on the charging cable.User-added image
  3. Press the button for 8 seconds and release the button. You should see a smiley face icon displayed.
  4. Unplug your device from the charging cable.

Let me know how it goes. Robot Happy

Best Answer

Thanks
Resetting the device does not solve the problem.

--

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

Hi @TGilbert, I'm glad to hear from you.

Thanks for trying the restart process and letting me know the outcome. I've contacted our Support Team on your behalf so they can create a case about this situation. You'll receive an email from them shortly, so keep an eye on your inbox.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree, resetting or rebooting does not solve the problem.

Ginny
Best Answer

Hi @CavapooMom, nice to hear from you.

Thanks for trying the restart. This troubleshooting is suggested as it has helped to other users. Since your device isn't working correctly, I've requested a case so our Support Team can give you a hand. Keep an eye on your inbox, you should be getting a reply soon.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I too cannot see my Fitbit charge 3 in the sunlight or indoors where there are bright lights. I’ve tried restarting my Fitbit charge 3 but was not successful in being able to see my screen. Please help as I’m frustrated. Can’t always wait until I get inside to check workout data. 

Best Answer

In addition to my post yesterday, I forgot to say that I use mine as a watch too and can’t even see the time or date. I had a Fitbit charge I used and decided to upgrade to one that was waterproof so I got the Charge 3. Disappointing that I have this issue as I may have to sacrifice waterproof for the ability to see it outdoors and in bright light inside. Please,  please help. 

Best Answer

Hi @Sautter, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3, as well for your efforts while restarting your device. Nice way to go! I understand how you're feeling, and I've gone ahead and requested a case on your behalf. Our Support Team will be sending you an email with more details, keep an eye on your inbox.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anything been done to resolve this issue.

Best Answer

After 10 months of this frustration with the Charge 3, I have solved the problem: I now use it only for sleep tracking and have moved on to another device (by another company) for fitness tracking. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue - Charge 3 is unreadable outside, no matter how many times you reset or what the brightness settings are. This is my first Fitbit and the only thing I can use it for is sleep tracking. It was expensive so I am extremely frustrated and disappointed.  

Best Answer

I can't see the face of mine at all even in the slightest sunlight.  I have restarted for other issues and it hasn't made any difference.

Best Answer

Fitbit always responds with "reset your device" or "you can adjust the brightness", etc. Instead of  acknowledge the lack of the product. It means that we can not expect Fitbit to take this feedback seriously and fix anything in the mid term. Fitbit does NOT care and will not deliver. 

Best Answer

I made the same decision. I owner Fitbit charge 2 and 3. My next one will not be a Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi @Taryn74@SarahLD and @pablohs. Welcome back to the Forums. I'm sorry for my delayed response and I'll continue helping you with your Charge 3 devices.

@Taryn74 and @SarahLD, thanks for your efforts while trying the steps posted in this thread. Since your Charge 3's screen keeps having the same behavior, I've contacted our Support team on your behalf so a case can be created on your behalf. They'll send you an email with more details, keep an eye on it.

@pablohs, I appreciate you for sharing your experience with your Fitbit device. Our team takes seriously the feedback posted in the Community as it helps us to enhance our products, and I'm sure your comments won't be taken for granted. In regards to your inquiry, the steps posted in this thread are suggested as they've worked for other users in the past. I understand that this doesn't apply to everyone, for this reason after exhausting our troubleshooting, a case is requested so our Support team can take a deeper look.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that you've had with your Charge 3 and if you're experiencing the same situation, please let me know so I can request a case for you.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes