Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you read your Charge 3 in direct sunlight?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

One of my big questions is how easy can you read your Charge 3 in direct sunlight. I don’t need a watch/tracker that I need to cup my hands over to read.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
151 REPLIES 151
Bought the Garmin. Good luck.

Ted
Best Answer

I’m looking at Garmin as well.  My Charge 3 is useless outside on bright sunny day no matter what setting or clock face I use.  To make matters worse, the screen timeout is so quick you can’t even shade the screen to see it before the screen shuts off.  And the screen time out time can’t be changed.  Or You can’t have it always ON during an outside workout.  

Best Answer

Wow.. the thread started in 2018 and no solution until June 2020, and Charge 3 users have moved on to another devices / brands. Fitbit is trying to be another Nokia?

Best Answer

I can't rad mine in good sunlight, I have the brightness on Max  and with Retro Double Stat clock face.

I am about to sell my watch because it doesn't sync very well with android at all. 

Now I can't change the clock face either yet it managed to sync this time 😞

Best Answer
I changed the clock face display and set the brightness to “auto”. That improved the visibility when outdoors.

For the time being, I’ll stick with FitBit. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
What solution?
Best Answer
0 Votes
No solution. Just changed the clock face display, set the Brightness setting to “auto” and my visibility outdoors improved.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I changed to auto and couldn’t read it at all. Had to go into a dark closet to see enough to reset. Complained loudly and got it replaced. Will be watching to see if it starts to fade Out again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
No solution. Eventually could hardly read indoors finally contacted company and they replaced. Now I have to keep an eye out for if it fades out again. Then I’m changing devices

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had replacement and could not see clock face in sunlight at all. Bought the competition. Very pleased!

Ted
Best Answer

I'm in Nova Scotia - even when it's cloudy it is impossible to read the number of steps taken. Even under a tree with my hand over it. Very poor - will not buy another fitbit product unless they are willing to give me a demo that I can actually see it when outside. Plus wearing it at night is the opposite problem - whoever designed this is a sadist...

Best Answer
You made me laugh -- "whoever designed this is a sadist..." I agree -- very
frustrating! I was about to upgrade my phone to a Samsung A20 and just read
on Community that they won't warranty my Fitbit because they haven't tested
that phone yet! So many issues with this thing!!
Best Answer

I have the same issue can't see the display in bright light or sunlight and disappointed as I use it as a watch as well 

Best Answer

I have had this issue now as The screen is now dim. I have the screen setting on normal. Is there a fix for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the FitBit Charge 3 and absolutely cannot see it when I’m outside in direct sunlight no matter the brightness setting (I’m outside the majority of the day at work and rely on accurate time..so it’s a little maddening). I’ve googled which fitness trackers have bright faces so I can transition. Would be wonderful if FitBit offered a white clock face with black numbers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which one did you get that you can read in sunlight, please? Getting super frustrated with the Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe the Garmin vivosmart 4 is there equivalent but not bought it yet 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Vivosport

Ted
Best Answer
0 Votes
There is no backlight that’s why.

Ted
Best Answer