Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add Revolut Virtual Visa card to my Fitbit Wallet on Charge 4

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there. Have a Charge 4 and an iPhone XR. Recently enrolled to Revolut as well, hoping I can use the Fitbit Pay feature with a Revolut card (as stated on the Fitbit homepage, for my country (=Hungary): here: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/fitbit-pay/banks), and tried to add my Revolut Virtual Visa card to the Fitbit Wallet ... and received the well known, generic error message: "Uh oh! Looks like we don't support this card for use with Fitbit Pay. ...". Certainly contacted Revolut as well, but they sent me back to Fitbit. @Fitbit: Is this a known bug please? If this is the case, then why do you advertise on your mentioned homepage that Revolut is supported? That is concretely misleading customers (i.e. that was the only reason for me to get into a Revolut-relationship). Hoping for a fast and positive answer here or directly to my email-address - thanks very much. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The only way it worked for me was asking Revolut support to generate a mastercard virtual card - the standard is VISA only within the app, but Revolut support can generate a virtual card for you, in this case a mastercard one.
Once it was generated I was able to add it without any issues, it went straight through the registration process.
I'm using Fitbit Pay with a Versa2.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Recently I contacted the Fitbit Help (Live Chat) for this issue above, and had a very disappointing session: not only that the helpdesk-agent was answering with some copy/paste general sentences, but he also mixed up my chat-session with something else ... and finally I could not get this stuff answered. A clear statement (of whichever kind) would have helped me, but such is life. I'm certainly disappointed now with the Fitbit Help(desk), as well as with the fact that I simply cannot get a fair/honest answer for this issue. 

Best Answer

Hello @Lorant. Nice to see you around. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you very much for taking the time to report this matter and for all the troubleshooting steps you've tried. At this time, I'd like to let you know that this is a known and reported inconvenience, but I've managed to review your case and I'd like to let you know that someone from our Support Team should get back to you with more information. 

Your patience and understanding are very appreciated and please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment.

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Wilson, 

Trust you are OK. Long time no  chat here ... 

Your "Support Team" is indeed in direct (email) contact with me, but without any resolution, for months now.

Just tried again today to add my Virtual Visa Card to my Fitbit Wallet, on my Charge4, and it failed again. 
Still says: "Uh oh! Looks like we don't support this card for use with Fitbit Pay. Tap below to see supported banks and cards. If you feel this is an error, please contact the card issuer." Needless to say that in your list of supported banks and cards, for Hungary, the "Revolut" is still listed, without any remarks or restrictions ... 

Any good/better ideas, please? 

Thanks very much.
Kind regards.

Best Answer

Hello.

I used to use my virtual Revolut VISA card without any problems.

Recently Revolut decided to refresh my virtual card by creating a new one - visa type as before.

Now I have exactly the same problem - cannot add it to my Fitbit Pay. Not to mention that this Revolut virtual card works perfectly with Apple Pay so it is Fitbit problem and not Revolut. @WilsonFitbit, could you please advise on that???

Best Answer

Hi there, 

Just FYI: The Fitbit team is communicating with me* (*see copy below), via my private address, so at least we can say the stuff is known and treated. 

No resolution yet, though. 

*"We apologize for the late response regarding the Revolut card support issue. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue with us. 
Our product team has reached out to Revolut about this card support issue, however, we may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. 
We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products. ..."

Best Answer

Yesterday I went on a chat with Fitbit and with "further investigation" result.

Thanks for sharing the situation. Much appreciated!

I hope they will solve this asap...

Best Answer

fitbit act like this is new news!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

same thing just now

Best Answer
0 Votes

same just now

Best Answer
0 Votes

its a real pain

Best Answer
0 Votes

they act like this is new news......painful

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am moving to Garmin Fenix 6, thanks to the Cyber Monday. I suggest doing the same.

"Thanks" FitBit for taking your time fixing that problem...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, still no resolution for me either :(.

Some days ago I bought a standard, physical Revolut Visa card as well (thought maybe the Virtual Visa Card is the problem here, although, was not proven to be) … topped it up with some money … made one online purchase, plus another, “physical” one in a store, to “activate” the new card by all means ….. then tried this card as well for the Fitbit Pay …. but unfortunately it did NOT work either. Same error message (“… cannot add this card …”). Certainly it works well with ApplePay (actually, both the virtual-, and the physical cards do), but it seems it is time for me as well to give up waiting for FitbitPay.
Pity that the web-page of Fitbit still lists Revolut cards as “supported” for my country … for some good time now … and certainly it would be more honest from Fitbit to either remove this or correct/update the text there, because users are being trapped. 

Best Answer

Any luck?

Having the same problem with either virtual or physical. This essentially means that paying from a fitbit watch in Hungary is not possible at all. I know we are probably not a big market so they don't care about us much, but actually it was the payment option that lead me to buy the watch in the first place. Would've been fine woth my charge 2 as I was for years.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No luck for me, no move at all, in this respect. 
Even more, some days ago I received a Charge 5 device, and tried the same (i.e. setting it up for payment, with Revolut physical card), and received exactly the same “Uups! Not supported ….” message I met, while trying the same with my Charge 3 and Charge 4 before. 
Very depressing 😩 and irritating 😡 stuff. 

Best Answer

Hi Lorant!

I had the same issue in Hungary, after some research I found users who had the same issue but were able to add virtual mastercards from Revolut.
As I didn't had the option to generate a mastercard card I've reached out to support and they've generated one in a couple of minutes.
I was able to add the mastercard virtual card without any issues.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Hi dnemeth, 

I strived solving this both with virtual-, and physical Revolut cards, but had the same error message in both cases. 
Don’t really understand where exactly you reached out for support, and who generated for you such a card, which then was finally working well with your Fitbit (Charge?) device …, so, would be very grateful, if you told us the details as well - thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only way it worked for me was asking Revolut support to generate a mastercard virtual card - the standard is VISA only within the app, but Revolut support can generate a virtual card for you, in this case a mastercard one.
Once it was generated I was able to add it without any issues, it went straight through the registration process.
I'm using Fitbit Pay with a Versa2.

Best Answer

This actually seems to work, with the mastercard I was able to add it, haven't payed with yet but it's promising :). Thanks Mr Németh 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes