Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change 3 started counting floors when I don't climb any stairs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I live in a very flat area, live in a one story house, and work in a one story building. My commute is 10 minutes.  I literally do not gain 5 feet of elevation between home and work.  I've come to expect a flight or two per day, but starting in May, it became 20-25 per day, and as much as 61 flights! In addition, I believe this is causing my Charge 3 to under report my actual steps. That's an issue when I have to record a certain threshold of steps to maintain my health insurance subsidy with my employer.

I've checked other articles but wind and weather do not explain a change from 2 flights/day to 20.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @gvanzant1

Thanks for taking the time to share what you've experienced with your Charge 3 and for reviewing additional information about the floors.

As you may know, your Fitbit device may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. For more information, see Why does my Fitbit device count extra floors? You can also find more information about tracking activity in this help article How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

Please note that you can’t delete steps and floors; instead, log a non-step-based activity such as driving to override the steps or floors. For more information, see How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities? 

If you continue to experience the same inconvenience with your Charge 3, make sure that you've also tried to restart the device following these steps

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes