Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change start date of weight loss

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started my weight loss journey on Jan 1. I've lost 6 lbs since then. I went into "edit goal", and changed my weight loss date to Jan 29th. Now it showing I haven't lost any weight. I cannot change it back. I can look through the weekly charts and line graph to see my stats, but I can't change the date back to Jan 1st.

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

@Diana97311 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! You can edit your starting weight and date on the website. Just log into your account at fitbit.com then click log and on the Food area look for the Food plan option where you can edit it (check the image for instructions).

Set calorie intake goal manually 1.PNG

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I can't seem to find the edit button... 

I was able to enter my start weight for January 1st,  and this morning I stepped on my aria and I had lost 13 lbs, but fitbit said i had only lost 2.8. 

So I tried fixing it, but now it has my start date listed as today... I have dropped 13.5 pounds in a day. lol. 

I use myfitnesspal to log in food though, I am not sure if that would change my dashboard. 

FITBIT.GIF

Best Answer

I have same issue. 

Best Answer

@kidmarie @mills8868 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Check my first post, you will see three red boxes highlighting key areas on the screen shot. The middle or second box is over an arrow, just click it until you see the Food plan and you will see the Edit Plan button that appears on the third/lower red box. There you will be able to edit the starting weight and date.

Keep me posted!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
I was able to change the start but the total pounds lost still says only aCouple of pounds since I changed it.

~Kristi
My mission is to serve God, by helping & encouraging others, bring a smile to someone's day & making a difference in others lives.
Best Answer

@mills8868 this is odd as you should be able to change both the start date and the initial weight on the edit area (refer to the attached picture). Make sure you are entering both so it reflects your total weight loss.

Edit starting weight.PNG

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
It worked!!! Yay. Thank you So much for sticking with us and the pictures to help explain how to do the fix! Appreciate it!

~Kristi
My mission is to serve God, by helping & encouraging others, bring a smile to someone's day & making a difference in others lives.
Best Answer

@mills8868 happy to hear that my instructions helped you! If you have the time feel free to check our Community's discussion area where you can find friends to compete withhealthy meals recipes and tips for your daily activity.

I'll be around!

Best Answer

This doesn’t work. I’ve tried doing this but when I change the date and save it. It just goes back to the date it was originally. Ive tried through the app and through the website it just stubbornly stays wrong. I’ve taken screenshots but don’t know how I upload them to this forum. Either way. It says 21st feb. I want it to be 8th Jan. I change it, I save it and it just goes back to the 21st feb. I’ve even tried two different browsers in case one was blocking something as a frustrating last resort but that made no difference. Why is this so difficult? What is the point of giving you a calendar to change the date if you can’t actually save the change. I’m going back to MyFitnessPal and recording my weight there because that actually works. 

Best Answer

It worked for me by the way Alvarado told me to.  Maybe he can help you too!

Best Answer

Hi there

thanks for the reply. As I said in my post. I followed the instructions to the letter but to no avail I’m afraid. Hoping he comes back and gives me other ideas. 

Best Answer

@Tanzynia Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community!  The best thing to do is changing the start date from the website. Since you are using both the mobile app and the website I suggest you log out from the app, restart your phone and then log back in. After this go to your browser on your computer and clear its cache and cookies now log back into your Fitbit account and try making the changes again. Hopefully it will work just like it did for @mills8868.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer

Hi there.

Thanks for your reply.  I've followed your instructions but it still hasn't worked. I even tried a new browser with no history or cookies (Internet Explorer, I've been using Chrome) which I've never used to log in and it still doesn't change.  It still says 5th Feb and not the 8th January. It would be a lot easier if I could show you the screenshots.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok. For anyone who is interested, I’ve managed to work out what is happening here. Because my weight progress is being pulled through to the Fitbit app from MyFitnessPal it also pulls through the starting date from MyFitnessPal. So no amount of changing the start date either in the Fitbit app or on the website is going to make any difference. That’s why each time I made the change and saved it in Fitbit, the date remained the same. When I went into the MyFitnessPal app and changed the start date there, the correct date pulled through to the Fitbit app and the website. So if anyone has the same set up this might be the solution for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is very helpful. But where is located?  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there!

You can change your start date in The MyFitnessPal app. Open the app and tap on the “more” button at the bottom. Then go into the “goals” option. You will then see at the top “starting weight”. You can change the starting date and starting weight by tapping on this option. Then run a synch in your Fitbit app and then both Fitbit and MyFitnessPal should have the same dates and weights. Hope that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! Thank you so much... this has been driving me crazy and I’ve done it once before. 😉

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You’re welcome. Glad it helped. I know, it drove me mad too until I found the answer 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I have the Fitbit charge 2, and I cannot change the start date. I bought the watch in Dec and that was the start date, but I gained weight and only just started losing weight in the last 2 months, so I wanted to back date my start date back to my highest, but it will not let me reset the start date. I tried for half an hour non-stop. It is impossible and is a MAJOR FLAW with the programming that simply has to be fixed by the developers - not the online advice community!! This is simply rubbish!! Not only that it is now showing some random start date that i didn't even put in. Today is 16 Nov 18 and it is saying start date 11 Nov - why?? I want it to be 11 Oct - but is simply refused to remain at that date!! I need a solution. Otherwise it is pointless trying to use my watch to follow my weight loss - I'll just find another App and I will never replace my watch with a Fitbit again.

Best Answer