Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Brightness not strong enough

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 display isn't bright enough..its almost unreadable...is there anyway to brighten the display ?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

No, I'm afraid there are no settings for this. I find my Charge 2 is plenty bright enough so I wonder if yours is working ok. It would be nice if you were able to compare it with another (a friend's perhaps or maybe even in a store). If it is dimmer than others then you may want to see if the retailer will replace it.

Best Answer
Add your vote to the feature request https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Screen-brightness-on-Charge-2/idi-p/1580370
Many of the recently added features came from suggestions found in this forum.
Best Answer

@Dhwani As @SteveH @Rich_Laue have said, there is no setting to change the brightness but the display should be bright enough to read. Try restarting your tracker by doing this:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If this doesn't help try compare it with another tracker to check if there is a marked difference or take it to the store you purchased it from to check and see if there is a need for an exchange. You can also contact our Support team for assistance in this matter.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same-- outdoors in the sunlight I can barely read it. I even need to remove my sunglasses to see it through the black screen. (Mine is fine indoors, however.)

Best Answer

@sandy1234 It's great to have you here!  If your tracker's screen is bright enough indoors but you would like to have a brighter setting when outside then I invite you to vote on the Feature Suggestion shared by @Rich_Laue, the more popular an idea becomes the more likely the developers will try to implement it.

I'll be around!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I tried this restart thing, but didn't work. My problem is I think the OLED is going out or something, because when I first noticed the problem I am having the top left corner of the screen was not readable, the first 2 digits of the time and the first letter of the month was all dimmed or unreadable at all. that was 2 days ago. Today the top half of the tracker is dark or dimmed.

I tried emailing the Customer service people when I first noticed the problem, but they helped me today asking me if I still needed up. Like, I wouldn't have asked for help if I didn't need help...

Anyway, I have only had the Charge 2 Tracker for about 2 1/2 months.

Best Answer

@r_rayjr It's great to see you in the Community! You could try cleaning the tracker's contacts with a toothpick or toothbrush and the finish with cotton or rubbing alcohol to make sure it is charging correctly and that the restart is done properly. If this continues I suggest you contact Support again and let them know the issue is not resolved. I am sure they will work with you to find a solution.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer

Indoors my screen is fine.  But mine is nearly unreadable outside in sunlight.  Very frustrating to read outdoors.  I'll often have to pull out my phone to check my heart rate, steps, etc.  I really wish there was a brightness setting.

Best Answer

Mine is totally dark now, was really bright until last night when it started to fade, had it since October 2016.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems I have exactly the same problem.

First noticed it last Thursday (4 days ago), when suddenly right side of the display became visibly dimmer.

Now I got all display very dim, barely visible in outdoor light and still right side is darker...

Restart didnt help, Im still talking to support as I bought it from fitbit online store, have the device for about 5 months now ...

Best Answer

Still no fix for this?? I was using a Samsung Gear Fit 2 which also has an OLED display and it is more than bright enough to read in sunlight... The Charge 2 is not. I can also see where the non-adjustable brightness could be an issue in a dark room... Seems like the brightness is set as default for a daytime environment indoors... not at night and NOT outside. I Bought the Charge 2 because I thought it would do a better job at auto tracking as well as tracking my sleep patterns. If there ends up being no brightness adjustment forthcoming, it goes back to Best Buy.

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer

most of the post is about the LED actually burning out, not brightness adjustments.

My problem was taken care of shortly after my original post, Fitbit sent me a new Charge 2, and I haven't had any problems since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just because you find your Charge 2 bright enough doesn't mean that other people think their display is dim when outdoors. I find that my Charge 2 is very hard to read when I am outside walking. Especially if it is sunny.

Considering the number of complaints about the brightness of the display I think that it must be an ongoing problem.

Do you work for Fitbit? 

Best Answer

Who are you asking @SunsetRunner ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 is definitely not bright enough. Cannot read anything even with my glasses on. Tried support team? but lost connection. Help! My bands are also coming loose at the top. Keeps falling off. 

Best Answer

My charge 2 is having the same problem. The screen is definitely "burning out" or failing. a design flaw/faulty product. 

This after 2 bands have broken within the warranty period.

Off to try to get a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I have just received my full replacement. Bands n Fitbit through customer service.

Very happy 👍🏽

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys @NoasCharge2 and @zeldalola, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Sounds excellent that you have contacted our Support team for additional help, and if their resolution was sending you a replacement, that sounds cool. Now if you have't, please give it a try and let me know the outcome. 😉 

Keep me posted! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Outdoors even on cloudy days my charge 2 display is nearly impossible to read WITHOUT sunglasses on.

Best Answer