Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2/Charge 3 charging cord

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the Charge 3 utilize the same charging cord/clip I use with my Charge 2? I gather straps are not the same, so will this be one more device where I'm forced to throw away accessories and buy them again? I guess that's what Fitbit wants. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner has posted a CNET video in her post: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Has-charge-3-wrist-band-attachment-been-improved/m-p/2920518/highlight/true#M304

Towards the end of the video, the charging cord was shown.

It is different charging cable than Charge 2, but definitely still the same clip type.

And from the back of the Charge 3, apparently we are still looking at the same "exposed" 3 metal contact plate for charging.

I have bad experience from these exposed plate, and had hope that Fitbit would upgrade the charging technology to magnetic. At the same time, the charging clip is simply too prone to break, when bringing out for a trip.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Fitbit lists the charging cable separately in their store, and the pictures look different, so I suspect that you won't be able to use the Charge 2 cables on the Charge 3.

Best Answer

It is a different charger to accommodate the updated heart rate sensors on the back of the Charge 3.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Hi @Heather-S. The charger for the Charge 3 is different than that of the Charge 2. Tap here to see it. 

Best Answer

there is not much description on the charging cord.

from the pic, it seems like a magnetic charging pad?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking at the picture I thought it was more of a clip type - maybe similar to the Versa. But I cant see it well enough to be sure.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner has posted a CNET video in her post: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Has-charge-3-wrist-band-attachment-been-improved/m-p/2920518/highlight/true#M304

Towards the end of the video, the charging cord was shown.

It is different charging cable than Charge 2, but definitely still the same clip type.

And from the back of the Charge 3, apparently we are still looking at the same "exposed" 3 metal contact plate for charging.

I have bad experience from these exposed plate, and had hope that Fitbit would upgrade the charging technology to magnetic. At the same time, the charging clip is simply too prone to break, when bringing out for a trip.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will the fitbit 2 and the new fitbit 3 use the same chargers?  I ask because I bought and aftermarket desktop charger for the fitbit 2 that I find very convenient to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BobVA Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to post on this thread regarding the charging cable for Charge 3. 

It is not the same charging cable as the Charge 2 one. They are the same clip type charging cable, but different. Every Fitbit accessory is unique for a specific tracker or watch type. You can use this charging cable for desktops as well by plugging it in to a USP port.

@NellyG @wind77 I appreciate you help on this thread a lot! Smiley Very Happy

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

They are different but both TERRIBLE.  Poorly designed and cheaply made

The 3 is worse than the 2 by the way, at least the 2 clicked into place

Best Answer

@Jbcmia Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding this matter. 

What type of issue are you experiencing with your Charge 3 bands? Please let me know so I can assist you further.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Quick answer:  NO.

This is the reply direct from Fitbit:

Me:I have 3 Charge 2 charging cables. Will they work on the Charge 3?

Reply: I would like to share with you that the charging cable for the Fitbit Charge 2 won't work with the Fitbit Charge 3 since they are different charging cables.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Completely ridiculous. Completely.

Moderator edit: format and remove all caps

Best Answer

I have just received a Charge 3 from Fitbit. I have had it charging 2 separate times for 1.5 hours each day. The charger only says 49% charged. What am I doing wrong? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m not the expert, but I’ve used Charge 2 and now Charge 3 for a couple of years. Here’s what I’ve learned.

Make sure you are using the Charge 3 charger. Charge 2 and Charge 3 are not compatible.
If the connection is not solid, they will appear to be charging but you will not get a full charge.
If your connection is solid and you are using the correct cable, you should phone Fitbit support. They do a great job.

Hope this helps.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
Thank you for your reply. I never had a Charge 2 so could not be using the
wrong cable.
--

*Gail*
*Life is good!*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @GGlauser, it's good to see you participating in the forums for the first time. I'm sorry to see you've been having trouble with your Charge 3 battery not reaching 100%. 

Before considering other options, please make sure you've exhausted all troubleshooting options in this article: Why isn't my battery charging?. If you continue to have the same inconvenience, please try to restart your device following these steps, and then try to charge it again to check if it's possible to reach 100% charge. 

Thank you for your help with this too @btsuperman

I hope this helps, please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
I did finally get it to charge. I guess it was not clipped on in the
correct place. Once I realized that and fixed it, it charged just fine.
However, it is still not recording my steps as well as my Flex 2 did. Thank
you for your response.
--

*Gail*
*Life is good!*
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's good news @GGlauser, thank you for the update, it's good to know the device is charging again. Regarding the steps not being recorded correctly, could you please provide a few more details about what you've experienced? Or why you think the step count may not be so accurate? 

Keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

And stores no longer carry the charge 2 chargers

Best Answer