Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Display light stopped working can't read anything

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have been using my Fitbit Charge 2 now for not even a month and today I go to look at how many steps I have and can't read it at all ! The light has burnt out or something. I have tried to turn it off and turn back on but still nothing.... HELP !!! I spent a pretty good penny on this to have and it stops working  after not even a month. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hey @Browneyedgirl76, welcome to the Community! Ok so, it seems like the display of your Charge 2 isn't working at all, right? Beside what you already tried with the lights on the back, I'd like you to try to restart it by doing the following: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You'll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker's display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. 

Let me know if that works! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just did the same thing ! The company is useless! I believe it's there way for us to buy a new one !

They did have me restart it while it was on the charger but that didn't work at all! Total rip off!

company really sucks !

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sister-in-law is also having the same trouble with our screens not showing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same has happened to mine. It's very faint. I can read it in the dark, just about. In daylight it's basically unusable. I assume the backlight burnt out. These devices are flimsy and don't last long.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @adebaser Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for your experience and thank you for the detailed information. At this time, I'd recommend making sure that your Charge 3 isn't in sleep mode. For more information, I recommend visiting this thread and please follow the instructions provided there. 

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

Mine is unreadable in daylight 

Best Answer
0 Votes

All these comments were about Charge 2' with NO display. What can we do about that? I have already tried connecting it and holding the button for 4 seconds, etc.. That didn't help at all.  Other than the display not showing at all, everything else is working and feeding to my app on my phone. Is there a fix for this?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, it did not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes